Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Alstom has been present in South Africa for more than a century. During these years the company provided a wide range of products and technologies which helped develop the country’s infrastructure. Alstom provided equipment for 12 of South Africa’s 13 coal-fired power plants and for the only nuclear power plant, but it also played a historical…
Read more about this company
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the industrialisation of the equipment technical specification and respecting the Standard Manufacturing Process & Standard Manufacturing Line guidelines, taking out all the constraints in manufacturing.
- Create the industrial deliverables: Macro-process, Work Instructions, Bill of Material, Task Sequence and/or Standard Operations Sheet, Work Instructions, Method times, definitive Layouts Respecting the Industrial Planning milestones by ensure that the production line is ready
- Implementing the Process FMEA and ensuring integration with the Quality Control Plan
- Implement the Project Make or Buy strategy in all deliverables
- Prepare Industrial ERP data, including the Bill of Material, the Process routings, the Configuration Management data etc.
- Manage CAPEX (QCDS) projects from conceptual to implementation phase
- Manage tooling and jigs contractors
- Ensure that EHS risk managements are done on the process layout and equipment to be used in productions line
- Analyse complex issues and significantly improve change or adapt existing method and technics.
- Support the production in a daily basis with short term actions.
- Participate in the optimization of the product / process and time spent
- Taking into account return of experience, EHS & Lean Manufacturing standards in all activities
- Participating to the validation of first productions until Serial GO
- Lead or participate to Continuous improvement activity
- Ensure line balancing & method time targets of the production are achieved in line with Industrial requirements
- Prepare Business cases where necessary to adjust for capital expenditure, for continuous improvements, Redesign to Cost, Make or Buy proposals
- Degree/BTech in Mechanical /Electrical/ Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing or Manufacturing Engineering background with 5 to 10 years’ experience preferably in the railway industry.
- Technical experience of Process Engineering, writing manufacturing work instructions, line balancing, Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in working with an ERP (such as SAP) for Bill of Materials, Routings, Configuration follow-up
- Working knowledge in Quality, EHS standards and Ergonomics.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.