Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Read more about this company
Business Unit Manager Renewable Energy
What the day will look like
- Responsible for managing a Business Area and day-to-day running of that Business Area
- Responsible for driving operational efficiencies and business changes to ensure business unit meets objectives
- Contributes to the operational change strategies
- Manages the delivery of services
- Ensures compliance / regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Assumes management responsibility for a team of client facing-, administrativeand/ or claims staff in order to ensure that high standards of client service are maintained
- Responsible for a portfolio of client accounts (will be larger and more complex accounts or key clients at this level) and managing and coordinating all related activities
- Responsible for building a “client profile” of risks and needs analysis for the above-mentioned clients
- Responsible for structuring insurance programmes to meet these needs including producing policy documentation, leading or contributing to renewal meetings and leading or renewing fee negotiation
- Responsible for the day to day running of Client’s risk and insurance programmes and producing documentation when required (for more complex/valuable accounts)
- Attends and contributes to client meetings acting as the “expert” on all client service activities (for more complex/valuable accounts).
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Be in possession of Grade 12 (Matric)
- Be in a possession of a bachelor’s degree
- Have an insurance related tertiary qualification
- Must be registered as a representative with the FSCA in terms of the FAIS Act
- Must be registered as an associate with the IISA
- Good understanding of applicable legislative environment that governs the industry.
- Working knowledge of risk analysis methodologies.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the South African and international short-term insurance markets will be advantageous.
- An in-depth strategic knowledge of industry and business strategies and company goals will be advantageous.
Skills and Attributes.
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in and with teams.
Have a minimum of 4 – 6 years’ management experience
Have 10 – 15-year relevant experience within the insurance industry
Have a proven track record in the provision of risk management and insurance solutions across the full spectrum of business enterprises in South Africa.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.