Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
RCL FOODS is a leading African food producer in South Africa with a market capitalisation of R13 billion and employing more than 20 000 people in operations across South and Southern Africa. We manufacture a wide range of branded and private label food products which we distribute through our own route-to-market supply chain specialist, Vector Logistics. …
Read more about this company
At RCL FOODS we grow what matters!!!
Our Talent Team is looking for someone who is brilliant at the basics to fill the role of Distribution Controller with great attention to detail skills to join our Baking Operating Unit.
The role will report to the Distribution Manager and will be based in Rustenburg.
The primary function and responsibility of a Site Controller is to ensure that all Drivers and Van assistants report to duty on time and that trucks are dispatched on time and in full. Vehicles returning from trade are debriefed correctly and efficiently in line with company procedures. That all stock receiving/returned in saleable condition is checked, documented, and isolated into the relevant cage and is marked labelled correctly to ensure it is returned to the correct truck. Stock to be written off/disposed is then checked and documented before being removed.
- To manage the fleet operations team in order to ensure high performance and innovative thinking through the implementation of all people processes in line with agreed KPI’s and budgets
- To support the Sales Rep in providing adequate route optimisation and rationalisation solutions.
- To ensure our customer needs are met within a viable business framework.
- To provide a link between despatch and drivers for a seamless transition of products.
- To provide key trade intel and address regular customer service requirements.
- Relevant experience in Distribution
- 4-6 years’ experience in the relevant position or sales position
- Minimum Grade 12 certificate
- Degree in Freight Road Transport Management / Logistics
- Valid Drivers License with PDP
Duties & Responsibilities
Company Property Management
- Doing crate recons for the depot routes and presenting recons timeously when required.
- Communicate with sales regarding crate management in the trading space.
- Making sure that Pretoria bakery has enough crates for production.
- Communicating with the drivers regarding crate to be returned to the depot.
- Counting saleable stock (SIV) and Damages at the end of shift.
- Check if the physical stock and what is captured corresponds and is transferred correctly on Syspro and that all parties sign off the transfer documents.
- Check if drivers bring back only 1% of returns.
- Check for molded bread which is to be disposed as its not meant to be returned back to the bakery as per company procedure.
- Double checking returns per route as per claims and stock returned as saleable goods is captured and placed in storage and information is submitted timeously.
- Checking of crates returned balance the gate pass issued to the driver upon dispatch to assist with the monitoring of crates.
- Ensure efficient and cost effective product distribution
- Capturing of debriefing reporting is done daily and assisting drivers with their bulk orders.
- Facilitating that the plant has enough crates and ordering of crates.
- Managing general operations of the dispatching of truck
- Facilitate foreign crate tradeoffs with competitors.
- Monitor Vehicle/fleet management procedures are adhered to always.
- Driver and Van assistant leave scheduling.
Ensure efficient and cost-effective product distribution
- Ensure driver teams deliver according to mapped and optimised routes
- Ensuring all new and old customers are plotted on the VeZa or existing optimisation system in line with distribution goals
- Ensure orders are geared towards improving truck utilisation and loaves/km
- Ensure driver teams orders/invoices correspond with bake plan before vehicle leaves DC/bakery
Ensuring balancing of orders placed, delivered and returned
- With sales support team ensure customer order patterns are accurate to deliver a precise bake plan
- Daily monitoring and tracking of returns
- Crafting and actioning plans to drastically improve returns
Managing driver shorts and crate shorts
- Daily monitoring and tracking of driver crates and shorts as per agreed targets
- Crafting and driving innovative ways to reduce these numbers
Submitting frequent (daily) sales figures from drivers
- Ensuring driver teams sales are in line with sales targets
- Sourcing and distribution of key trade intelligence
- Providing actionable plans for improvements and combating competitor activities
- Ensuring the capturing and allocation of all customer details
- Ensuring all customer details and classifications are loaded correctly on new accounts and are correctly listed on existing accounts
Ensuring driver competency and delivery time management
- Support, train, discipline and lead the driver & van assistant teams to deliver sales excellence
- Ensure timeous driver dispatch from the bakery with correct invoicing
- Employ efficient route riding system in order to see all customers within each quarter
- Execute driver team performance scorecard to deliver sales excellence i.e. Customer ratings, delivery times, peer review, sales growth, etc.
Trade Price monitoring
- Submission of frequent (at least weekly) price surveys
- Monitoring our RSP’s and executing pricing strategy, policy and mandate