Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
RCL FOODS is a leading African food producer in South Africa with a market capitalisation of R13 billion and employing more than 20 000 people in operations across South and Southern Africa. We manufacture a wide range of branded and private label food products which we distribute through our own route-to-market supply chain specialist, Vector Logistics. …
Read more about this company
Join our dynamic team as a key player in shaping the future of our manufacturing operations! At RCL FOODS, we are all about Growing What Matters – People, Communities, Sustainability!
We are seeking an experienced and visionary Manufacturing Executive to lead the charge in implementing cutting-edge strategic objectives and driving operational excellence that align with our business goals. This role will be based in Randfontein and report to the Managing Director.
- M+3 or the equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in the Engineering, Operations Management or Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of 10-15 years’ work experience as a senior manager in manufacturing and operations management at site level within an FMCG
- Strategic implementation in either or all of Total Process Management (TPM), World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Lean Six Sigma Execution
- Track Record and intricate knowledge and understanding in the follow areas; Lean manufacturing, cost optimisation, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), Supply and Operations Management (S&OP) / Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
- Strong leadership and vision setting.
- Effective management of senior operational leadership teams.
- Drive, resilience, and strategic thinking.
- Proven experience in strategy development, manufacturing excellence, and project leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of South African manufacturing and operating context.
- Proficiency in applications such as Excel and advanced analytics (e.g., Power BI).
- Decision-making, judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities.
- Integrity and the ability to deal with paradox.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and drive the implementation of manufacturing strategies, goals, and plans in sync with our business strategy.
- Operational Excellence: Monitor fit-for-purpose manufacturing practices and standards, ensuring all operations comply with safety regulations.
- Innovation and Problem Solving: Evaluate business challenges, take proactive measures to mitigate risks, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Safety and Quality Assurance: Lead safety, health, and environmental programs, drive product quality, and manage total SHERQ implementation on site.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Effectively manage internal and external stakeholders, build strong employee relations, and foster a diverse and inclusive culture for enhanced innovation and profitability.
- Performance Metrics: Deliver production and business targets, implement efficiency and cost-saving programs, and optimize operational efficiency through reporting KPIs.
- Project Leadership: Lead technical project implementation and change management initiatives to stay ahead in a competitive market.