Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
A well-established global Financial Services organisation, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Advisor for a 5-6 month Fixed Term Contract, to direct the group FP&A function to achieve all managerial and financial objectives.
Joining this reputable firm and their dynamic, high-performing Finance team, the main objective for this role will be to collaborate with various stakeholders, including the CFO, group holding companies and executive teams, and to exceed expectations in managing Financial Planning and Analysis.
This position necessitates an individual who is agile, has good attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and a strong work ethic.
It presents a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to join an organisation with a great working culture and the chance to work in a highly respected industry leader on a contract basis.
Key qualifications and experience required for the Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Advisor:
- CA (SA) (Preferred) or
- CIMA / Finance qualification
- 8 – 10 years working experience
- Must have solid Financial Planning & Analysis experience (non-negotiable)
- Consolidations experience (Advantageous)
Key duties required for the Senior FP&A Advisor:
- Direct specific business function aspects to achieve the company’s planning, forecasting, and managerial reporting objectives
- Develop metric-based analyses to assess financial and operational performance for cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Establish systems to enforce best practice business planning across the Group and identify potential inefficiencies and risks based on performance metrics
- Lead executive management team through forecasting and budgeting exercises
- Analyse financial and operational information to identify trends and provide interpretation for senior management
- Develop and implement the annual operating budget and resource plan, analysing historical and forecasted business segment results and major trends in revenue, cost, and profitability
- Gather, analyse, summarise, and prepare recommendations for financial plans and business planning, coordinating with all levels of management and staff
- Coordinate monthly reports and forecasting for the business
- Ensure compliance with company policy, procedure, and HR guidelines for all people practices
- Identify any inefficiencies and risks
- Analysing revenue and reviewing the teams’ work
- Consolidation preparation and analysis
- Presenting to the CEO
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organising
- Good business acumen
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and systematic
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Results driven and determined
- High levels of integrity