Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
From removing the regular pain of fingersticks as people manage their diabetes to connecting patients to doctors with real-time information monitoring their hearts, from easing chronic pain and movement disorders to testing half the world’s blood donations to ensure a healthy supply, our purpose is to make the world a better place by bringing life-c…
Read more about this company
This position works out of our Johannesburg location in the Abbott Core Diagnostics Division . We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people. Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Support the Financial Controller in delivering on month end reporting, budgeting, forecasting and day to day finance activities. Analyze and forecast financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support monthly forecast, reporting and annual budget processes.
- Partner with Local and Area finance teams to drive financial accuracy and transparency.
- Budget and forecast report submissions for Clusters and Africa
- Prepare regular profitability reporting and analysis at country, cluster and regional level
- Serve as finance business partner to internal stakeholders to drive sales, profitability, and expense control
- Support commercial and support functions on margin improvement projects
- Partner with management team in forecasting and budgeting exercises
- Analyze financial and operational information to identify and interpret trends for management
- Assist in developing and implementing annual operating budget and resource plan
- Analyze historical and forecasted business segment results, including revenue, cost categories, and profitability trends
- Coordinate with management to gather, analyses, and summaries financial plans and recommendations
- Coordinate monthly reports and forecasting for the Area submission
- Prepare accurate, insightful and timely monthly reports of financial and non-financial data
- Automate / improve monthly financial reporting processes and deliver output submissions within key deadlines
- Prepare ad hoc performance and regional reporting requests with focus on delivering insights and value add
- Develop and implement budgeting and forecasting tools and processes to provide timely and relevant information within region
- Support commercial decision making with relevant data points to help decision making
- Driving improvements to streamline and enhance efficiencies within the reporting process
- Review figures to ensure accurate, valid, and complete profit and loss, and balance sheet figures within the region.
- Tracking of actual versus budget results and identifying reasons for fluctuations.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting Financial Controller with month end and ad hoc group reports.
- Analyze the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization’s business objectives.
- Evaluate industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization’s short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position.
- Degree/Honors in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2-3 years working experience in a finance reporting or FP&A team
- Advanced Excel necessary
- Multinational experience
- CA(SA)/ CIMA Candidates preferred.
- Healthcare, MedTech or Laboratory experience advantageous
- SAP and TM1 experience advantageous.
- HFM experience advantageous.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Able to work as an individual and within a flexible team.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Accuracy and Diligence
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.