Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company based in San Francisco and Nairobi. We use technology to dramatically reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. Our first product is credit. Branch is like a bank in your pocket, there for you at all times.
As a software engineering intern, you will work closely with experienced engineers at Branch and make significant contributions to our products and code base for 4-6 months. You will brainstorm, design, code, debug, and ship features serving our millions of customers while picking up skills necessary for your career.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Contribute to building functionalities for existing and new product lines and platforms such as Credit, Wallet, Payments, KYC, Data Platforms, etc.
- Integrate with various third-party systems, including payment systems, identity providers, and messaging platforms.
- Have some experience building Backend or Android applications that are more than just toy projects. Applications that have real users or an open source project would be a great plus.
- You have a solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, distributed systems, and data storage.
- Know your way through various flavors of Unix and commonly used command line utilities.
- Proficiency in at least one mainstream language like Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contributed to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator and communicator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company, working with teammates from all over the world, and learning.