Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Job Advert Summary
- The Regional Credit Control position is accountable for the debt collection activities in such a manner that it maximises collections and minimises bad debts.
- The day-to-day duties of the Credit Controller are varied and include managing the debts of creditors, ensuring timely payments are made
- Processing incoming funds, reconciling invoices, resolving account queries and managing debt recovery.
- Degree or Diploma within the accounting field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a financial environment
- Capacity to deliver under pressure
- Good people skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and targets
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately and deliver quality outputs.
- Good problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and relationship-building skills.
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure adherence to collection policies and procedures.
Collections and Targets
- Monitor and manage a debtor’s portfolio of no more than 480 accounts.
- Achieve and maintain collections and targets set per company protocol.
- Actively collect payment according to payment terms
- Performs reconciliations of allocated accounts daily.
- Attend weekly meetings with the credit supervisor to review all defaulting accounts.
- Ensure the correct escalation process is followed for the Reminder Letters.
- Feedback on the top 20 overdue accounts must be prepared and discussed weekly.
Hand Overs and Bad Debts
- Follow the correct protocol before blacklisting a client, and then proceed to blacklist clients.
- Inform the credit supervisor of any liquidations, absconded clients and business rescue’s immediately.
Credit Notes, Invoices and Adjustments
- Check that all credit notes and adjustments are raised correctly.
- Investigate all reasons for credit notes to ensure that they are valid.
- Submit all credit notes requisitions to the regional credit supervisor.
- Raise all rate queries and stop billing on closures with the billing department.
- Ensure that all re-allocations of unallocated deposits are completed.
- Ensure that all journals’ requisitions are raised by 12h00 on the 4th working day of the new month.
Cash / Suspense Accounts
- Ensure the bank statements deposits are captured and allocated daily.
- Ensure that all suspense accounts are reconciled and cleared monthly.
- Obtain all remittance advices for all deposits received on allotted debtor’s accounts.
Financial & Reporting
- Prepare commentary on top twenty clients each month for the region
- Assist auditors as and when required.
- Regular one on one book reviews with the credit supervisor
- Attend monthly and weekly meetings where required.
- Regularly attend customer meetings.
Customer Care & Queries
- Promote a high level of focus on customer care with relevance to all customer complaints and queries.
- Maintains accurate and complete client information on the system
- Ensure that such queries and complaints are dealt with efficiently, accurately, and promptly.
- Ensure a 48-hour turn-around-time on all customer queries.
- Ensure that inter-departmental relationships between Accounts Receivable and other areas are maintained at high levels.
- Ensure a balance is maintained between sales and credit objectives.
- To get involved in any additional projects as and when required.