Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, with its headquarters in Gothenburg, employs about 95,000 people, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its produc…
Read more about this company
The main purpose of the position is supporting the sales department by ensuring smooth operations, including invoicing, creating orders, and maintaining accurate records. High levels of Administration Skills, accurate paperwork, and an effective filing system are required. The role requires utilizing resources effectively, costing invoices to a high standard, and providing exceptional customer service. The department must be compliant with authorization rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Reporting: The role is based at Volvo Group Southern Africa Pty headquarters and reports directly to the Sales and Logistics Manager or a suitable position.
- Oversee quality assurance, control, and customer service regarding the entire invoicing process.
- Collaborate with Dealer sales team to complete sales invoicing, ensuring all costs and documentation are included and to ensure vehicles accurately and timeously.
- Ensure required documentation is available in the deal file before invoicing and keep record of all deal files for audit and tracking purposes.
- Ensure client invoicing deadlines are met daily/weekly/monthly.
- Ensure adherence to proper invoicing procedures and assist with enhancement and development of new processes.
- Create purchase orders to suppliers for recon and fitments; ensuring that each payment has an order number and is linked to a chassis.
- Completes all pre-delivery related administration relating to the Introduction and Release of Vehicle on ENatis by Capturing of manufacturer data, filing, and maintaining accurate records.
- Create purchase orders to suppliers for recon and fitments; ensuring that each payment has an order number and is linked to a chassis and according to the Provisions on all vehicles deal agreement.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve vehicle billing issues and clarify/resolve any invoice queries should they arise.
- Create Gifting and Merchandise orders for the Sales team on approval according to individual budget, keeping sales informed son order status and update the expense file with each order.
- Assist with ad-hoc administrative tasks from time to time.
- Build good supplier relationships, maintaining a professional reputation as an ambassador for VGSA.
Qualification & Job Experience:
- Matric Certificate or higher.
- 2-3 years’ experience in similar role.
- Computer Literate, Microsoft excel and other invoicing system.
- Knowledge of the Automotive Industry.
Job Related Skills:
- Team player.
- Confident and proactive approach anticipates issues and requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- A true team player with strong interpersonal skills – including excellent written and oral communication with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of management and colleagues.
- Highly competent with digital & IT tools, including Office 365 and Volvo Group related systems.
- Flexibility, energy, and time management skills with the ability to deal with changing deadlines and priorities and a Flexible approach to working hours.
- Technical awareness of motor vehicles, analytical and administrative skills.
- Ability to work as a team player within a busy department.
- Able to work unsupervised and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work calmly in an environment that can be pressured.