Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Purpose of the job
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering Team. As a key member of our team, you’ll play a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing our strategic platform. Your hands-on involvement will directly impact our core Insurance functions, driving efficiency, innovation, and reliability.
You will be working with development and infrastructure teams to manage and improve the build automation, continuous integration, and automation of our release and deployment processes. By partnering with fellow DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers, and Architects, you’ll tap into a wealth of knowledge and collective expertise.
Some key projects for the team will involve work on security hardening of systems in AWS and Azure and process automation.
This role would suit someone with experience of multiple technologies who whilst retaining an interest in the individual technologies wishes to take a broader view of application solutions. The role will require management of priorities on a daily basis. The engagement with a broad set of stakeholders requires clear communication skills. As solutions are deployed globally some non-UK office hours work might be required.
- Actively seek to enhance, improve and drive efficiencies into our environments
- Design and Document new processes; maintain existing process documentation
- Monitor and look to improve the security of our environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Communicate and collaborate with both development and infrastructure teams as well as other departments to ensure our applications and environments are stable and optimal
- Ensure that technical information related to DevOps are available in the knowledgebase and kept up to date
- To keep up to date with the technologies required to perform well in the job
- Assist project teams during the full life cycle of projects. Bringing technical knowledge and skills to improve upon the automation of builds and deployments
- Seek to automate and enhance new and existing processes
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure prompt resolution of critical production issues
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Enterprise DevOps experience
- Experience in monitoring and tuning systems to provide optimum performance and high availability
- Experience in managing internal and external system security
Essential Technical skills
- Experience with AWS or Azure Cloud Platforms=
- Octopus Deploy
Desirable Technical skills
- Continuous delivery pipelines
- APM Tools
- NoSQL and RDBMS
- AWS Lambda
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong customer and commercial awareness
- Team Player