Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
General Objective / Summary
- The MEAL Manager, under the supervision of the FIELD COORDINATOR and MEAL Coordinator is responsible for the conduction of MEAL activities: needs assessments, thematic evaluations, independent accountability system, and learning approach. He/She will provide technical support to all project managers in terms of MEAL activities through M&E Officer.
- The MEAL Manager will ensure the training of program and MEAL teams on the use of MEAL tools, quantitative and qualitative methodologies and in the implementation of the monitoring processes and protocols including support in program assessments, surveys and evaluations.
- He/she will the compiling of information to build on PUI’s institutional knowledge and produce capitalization reports for PUI.
Responsibilities and Task
Leading the assessment of humanitarian needs in PUI:
- In direct collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, Field Coordinators and the DHoM for Programs (DHOMP) and building on project team knowledge, identify priority areas / sectors in terms of needs assessments
- Collect data from external actors relevant to needs, response gaps and current / future programming
- Develop multi-sector assessment methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative data) and plan field data collection
- Recruit, train and supervise teams in charge of field data collection
- Produce quantitative and narrative needs analysis reports and share them internally
- Participate in drafting intervention propositions (logical framework and monitoring plan)
Production or learning material and provide technical support to project managers regarding learning activities:
- Draft Learning products linked to activities implemented in Nigeria including Activity Forms
- Draft Learning products linked to needs assessments including methodologies, tools, best practices…
- Provide technical support to project managers in terms of learning activities (Kick off meetings, production of Learning material, conduction of Learning Sessions…)
Definition of base-level accountability schemes & overseeing their implementation:
- Based on the global PUI Accountability Guidelines proposes a comprehensive Accountability System covering all projects including methodology, tools & templates.
- Spearheads the enforcement of the approved system by managing the dedicated team at coordination level, ensuring independence and transparency
- Oversees the effective implementation of the approved system and reports any challenges or lacks to the MEAL Coordinator and Field Coordinators
Supporting the project managers in implementing M7E schemes:
- Provide technical support to project managers at base level in the conduction of monitoring and evaluation activities
- Leads adhoc monitoring and evaluation activities as requested by the MEAL Coordinator.
Logistics & administration:
- Perform administrative support activities for the MEAL department including, but not limited to, preparation of meetings, recording of minutes, verbal and written translation
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools related to MEAL activities
- Manage the supply of materials to the field sites in collaboration with logistics department
- Participate in the recruitment process of the staffs under his/her direct supervision.
- Support the staff under his/her direct management in the fulfillment of their duties
- Report to his/her line manager problems and/or concerns on technical issues
- Provide training to the MEAL team on the MEAL components in order to build their capacities
- Solve team conflicts, if any occur among the team
- Ensure team building among his/her team
- Conduct appraisals every six months for the staffs under his/her supervision
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Oversee the deployment of digital data collection to support reporting and ensure their effective use.
- Finalize pending contractual reports and M&E deliverable.
- Support the M&E teams and the field Coordinator in the early stages of the new grant
- Ensure a robust MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the projects is of a high quality and accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors
- Ensure all programs staff are trained on accountability SOPs
- Ensure robust and efficient accountability mechanism is in place
- Ensure high quality data analysis from multiple sources and the production of high quality information products
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Language skills: fluent in Hausa and English and Kanuri appreciated.
- Education Degree: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, Sociology, Research or a numeracy discipline, Project Management, International Development.
- Work experience: At least three (3) years experience in a similar field with NGOs.
- Knowledge and skills: Good analytical and writing skills, demonstrate a willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by actively participating in any training sessions and capacity building activities, experience in donor requirements and expectations. Experience in M&E or Project Management
- Computer skills: Knowledge of MS Office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and a good understanding of data analysis packages such as SPSS, Power BI, etc.
- Other: Strong knowledge and experience in the use of ODK, KOBOCOLLECT, and COMM Care platform and mobile data collection
- Strong training/capacity-building skills assets
- Interest in working in the humanitarian sector
- Transversals skills
- Result oriented
- Well-organized and attentive to details
- Ability to work within a team
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard-working
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Team management