Ladies and gentlemen, I’m sure you are here after watching the latest episode of Jujutsu Kaisen, wondering who the hell is this humongous monster called Mahoraga. Well, it is one of the strongest characters we have seen so far and is currently engaged in a glorious fight ongoing in the JJK manga. Mahoraga is an enigmatic character with mysterious and supernatural-esque powers who can overthrow anyone against it in a battle. If you are curious to learn about Megumi’s Shikigami Divine General Mahoraga, keep reading to learn how to summon it and its powers.
Spoilers Warning: This article includes spoilers for the story of Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2. We suggest you watch the anime and read the manga to avoid ruining the intended experience.
Who is Divine General Mahoraga?
- Japanese Name: 八握剣異戒神将魔虚羅 (Yatsuka-no-Tsurugi Ikaishinshō Makora)
- Type: Shikigami
- Shikigami Number: 10
- Users: Megumi Fushiguro
- Debut: Chapter 9 (mentioned), Episode 5 (mentioned), chapter 117 (first appearance)
Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga, also referred to as just Mahoraga, is one of the ten shikigamis of the Ten Shadows Technique used by the members of the Zenin family. It is regarded as the strongest shinigami of all and the most uncontrollable as well. If you are wondering why it is so, this is because no Ten Shadows Technique user has been successful in taming it throughout the history of the Zenin clan.
It has a large, strong humanoid body that can easily overwhelm anyone at first. It resembles more of a resident evil boss, doesn’t it? This shikagami is remarkable as it can adapt to any phenomenon or situation, which makes it special. We have all the information you need to know about this Shikigami’s abilities below.
How Does Megumi Summon Mahoraga
If you remember, the Ten Shadows technique user (in this case, Megumi) has to construct a shadow puppet (like we did as kids) to summon the Shikigami. But in Mahoraga’s case, the user has to clench their fists, raise their hands, and say aloud an incantation to summon this gigantic figure. A Ten Shadows technique user has to utter the following words:
“With this treasure, I summon Eight-Handled Sword Divergent Sila Divine General Mahoraga”
In Japanese, it goes like this: “布ふ瑠る部べ由ゆ良ら由ゆ良ら 八握剣異戒神将魔虚羅” (Furube Yurayura Yatsuka-no-Tsurugi Ikaishinshō Makora).
Note: The Ten Shadows technique’s rule is that you first need to tame the Shikigami. Only after taming it can you summon the respective Shikigami. However, there is a hole in this rule that the user can exploit which is to summon it before taming it. But that will result in an unfavorable situation. Nonetheless, the users of the Ten Shadows Technique can call it at any time to expel it by performing an exorcism ceremony. That’s the case when Megumi summoned Mahoraga without taming it beforehand.
Mahoraga’s Powers and Abilities
Along with its incredible physique, Mahoraga has some serious powers and abilities. That’s what makes it the most powerful Shikigami to exist. They are as follows:
- Superior Physique: As mentioned earlier, Mahoraga has a more advanced physique capable of overthrowing anyone with physical attacks. For example – Mahoraga sent Sukuna in the air with a single punch and that also resulted in Sukuna flying through multiple buildings. That is exactly how this physique benefits the monster.
- Sword of Extermination: Along with its incredible physique, Mahoraga possesses a sword attached to its right hand. It’s called the Sword of Extermination, which is wrapped with positive energy around it. This sword wielded by Mahoraga can help greatly in battle.
- Adaptation: The most significant ability in Mahoraga’s arsenal is the Adaptation technique. This allows the Shikigami to adapt to any situation it is facing. In offense, if it fails to break any defense at first, it can adapt to it later. In defense, if it’s hurt by a specific attack, the wheel on its top will rotate, enabling it to adapt to it. Therefore, if an enemy tries to use that specific attack against him, Maharoga can easily counter it now.
Is it Possible to Defeat Mahoraga?
Well, the Zenin Family has been very unfortunate that no Ten Shadows technique user has ever tamed this beast. But it is possible to defeat Mahoraga without any doubt. This unbelievable feat was achieved by Sukuna in the Shibuya incident arc.
Sukuna came up with a brilliant strategy to counter Mahoraga’s adaptation technique, and he emerged as the winner of that battle with his pyrokinetic ability. [SPOILER] We also see Gojo Satoru pull off this feat when we see him fighting Mahoraga in his heated Gojo vs Sukuna battle.
And that’s everything we know about this legendary Shikigami right now. We hope we were able to explain everything about this monster with examples. Meanwhile, tell us which one of the Mahoraga’s abilities you like in the comments below.