Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
As a Geophysical/Geotechnical Survey specialist you will be responsible for the mobilisation, operation, maintenance and demobilisation of geophysical and hydrographic survey equipment onboard our nearshore and offshore survey vessels. As part of this role you’ll be responsible for acquiring data and ensuring equipment is recording the quality of data we expect.
- Involved in project coordination for geotechnical/geophysical engineering soil investigation works/ Geophysical survey works / Geotechnical Engineering Works.
- Attend project meetings, prepare project planning and coordination of installation, reporting works, and other related scopes of works such as cost control, safety control
- Day-to-day site operation to ensure works are constructed as per project & safety requirem
- To ensure that the engineering work is performed at the highest standards in accordance with the company’s Quality Assurance and HSE procedures.
- To ensure that all Geophysical and Seismic Engineering equipment is tested, calibrated, sufficient spares stocked, manuals are available.
- To ensure that the Geophysical and Seismic data is acquired in compliance with good survey practice and logs are completed in accordance with company policy.
- Under the direction of the onshore technical support team or offshore project manager develop and operate appropriate engineering and administrative processes in order to effectively support the work of the Geophysical Department.
- To be proficient in the use, maintenance, deployment and mobilisation of all Gardline Geophysical and Seismic equipment.
- Monitor and quality control data records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring safe and efficient mobilisations and demobilisation
- Problem solving and decision-making skill
- Supervision of offshore teams during mobilisations and maintenance checks
- Installation and configuration of survey equipment
- Receipt and dispatch of survey equipment onto vessels
- Offshore maintenance, and repair of survey and IT equipment
- Accurate reporting of equipment issues
- Offshore point of contact for technical support
- Maintain offshore inventory and stock levels.
- Lead by example with respect to HSE
Qualifications And Experience
- A solid understanding of survey-QA/QC engineering
- Experience of Geotechnical/Geophysical survey mobilisation and data acquisition
- Offshore experience as survey engineer or technical experience onshore
- Proven track record to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Qualifications in an engineering, electronics or mechanical field.
- Broad knowledge of Geophysical and Seismic operations.
- Ability to work on own initiative in high pressure situations.
- Team spirit and a ‘can-do’ attitude.