Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
As an African oil company with a history dating back to 1897, we’ve spent every decade since then enriching the lives of the continent’s people. We’ve done this by identifying opportunities, finding innovative solutions, and providing energy that fuels Africa’s growth. It’s why we now hold presence in 17 countries in sub-Saha…
Read more about this company
Delivery Controller – Durban
Purpose of the Job
To ensure the safe, efficient and effective distribution of bulk petroleum fuels from the Depot/Terminal to the customer and provide a service of excellence to our customers by meeting SLA’s and comply with all HSEQ requirements, policies and procedures and audit requirements
Who you are:
- You are a hard worker and are willing to exceed expectations in ensuring that business objectives are fulfilled.
- You are passionate about working within a team and leading others towards achieving goals.
- You have excellent communication, time management and people skills.
- You have a reputation for completing tasks timeously and exceeding expectations.
- What you’ll have done before:
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working with SAP modules.
- Understanding of Engen bulk fuels movements within supply chain processes.
- Good knowledge of stock control principles.
- Working knowledge of relevant road traffic legislation.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proactive HSEQ risk identification and notification.
- Working with a team to meet common business objectives.
- Knowledge of depot operations experience or relevant.
- Understanding of Engen bulk fuels within supply chain processes.
- Understanding of stock control principles and practices.
- Knowledge of fuels distribution processes.
- Knowledge of terminal/depot operations.
- Knowledge of fleet delivery operations.
- Knowledge of fuel facs process and systems.
- Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing environment and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Exciting Challenges you might face in the role :
- Driving HSEQ compliance amongst bulk truck operators (BTOs).
- Managing shift fatigue and performance.
- Effectively ensuring customer orders are fulfilled within service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Managing fleet utilisation.
- Managing third party contractor relationships and ensuring their compliance to Engen’s standards, policies and standing instructions.
- Resolving customer complaints and issues.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring safe, efficient and effective distribution of bulk petroleum fuels from Terminal to customer.
- Providing a service of excellence to our customers by meeting SLA’s.
- Comply with all HSEQ requirements, polices, procedures and audit requirements.
- Manage delivery operations in line with prescribed operations/standing instructions whilst ensuring compliance to OHS act safety guidelines.
- Ensure driver (BTO) briefing and debriefing is conducted prior and post trip.
- Ensure drivers (BTOs) adhere/comply with all driver standards as per Engen requirements.
- Manage trip incidents reporting to standard and follow up as required.
- Driving audit compliance.
- Providing effective customer service.
- Ensuring optimal utilisation of company assets – right vehicle to appropriate customer/customer order.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives, including follow up with implementation documentation.
- Ensuring equipment and asset utilisation as per spec (maintaining equipment and assets).
- Ensure all vehicles have valid fire permits and safe loading pass (SLP).
- Overtime expenditure management in line with budget.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of timesheets.
- Ensure all delivery documentation is received, trip sheets completed correctly, POD signature on all delivery notes.
- Ensure compliance to all SAP reporting requirements.
- Ensure all deliveries are confirmed per shift customer and service provider interface.
- Interact with customers and service providers contractor interface.
- Work with third party contractors to ensure deliverables are met.
- Provide internal support or ensuring contractor compliance.
- Identify development areas and enable initiatives to close out gaps.
- Live Engen’s values and uphold HSEQ compliance.
- Drive PPE, ZETO rule, STOP/EB safety, BOS compliance.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.