Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
To grow commercial bank revenue through the management and cross sell to existing portfolio; as well as the acquisition of new to bank high revenue commercial customers in order to create and increase revenue and maximize economic profit to achieve the banks strategic objectives and create shareholder value
- Acquire new commercial clients with annual turnover of between R30m – R1b through a process of prospecting and networking to achieve market share growth aspirations.
- Be a trusted advisor to commercial clients in specialised industries (i.e., Agri; Franchise, Fintech, Manufacturing) through continuous professional development; exposure, experience, and personal up-skilling.
- Stay abreast with latest economic trends and developments (i.e., green energy and sustainable agriculture) and applying this knowledge by adding value to client engagements and identifying opportunities to the greater benefit of Nedbank.
- Identify acquisition opportunities through effective ecosystem analysis unlocking the value chain.
- Generate revenue through proactive cross sell strategies by applying specialised Industry and Banking knowledge, managing key internal stakeholder relationships, and executing identified opportunities.
- Perform in depth financial needs analysis to identify cross sell and up sell opportunities in line with business goals.
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews with clients to identify and unlock value add opportunities that contribute to client retention.
- Be proactive in client interaction by adding value through financial solutioning.
- Establish and execute a client engagement plan to ensure all clients are interacted with frequently in line with Nedbank’s growth objectives.
- Build trusting relationships through regular interactions with key decision makers within the businesses that forms part of the allocated Business portfolio.
- Earn client trust by being a trusted financial partner and by giving advice and honest constant feedback regarding financial requests.
- Provide a key interface for the client to the bank by having sound knowledge of the bank’s products; services and solutions and by coordinating with relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate visitation feedback to internal stakeholders after client interaction to address actionable items and/ or take corrective action where applicable.
- Recommend tailor-made solutions to meet the client’s needs by gaining an intimate understanding of the client’s business and business environment, and by consulting with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage all business risks and ensure compliance by following regulatory requirements and bank’s internal policies and procedures, identifying risks and non-compliances, and taking corrective action.
- Partner with credit manager to manage credit risk of portfolio to minimize potential impairment risk.
- Prepare and present large and complex credit applications consisting of multiple entities and shareholders and by incorporating specialised Industry knowledge and core Banking principles, including the pricing motivation of assets.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to support the digitization of clients in line with the 4th Industrial revolution dynamics.
- Drive client awareness and solution for sustainable development goals in line with the Nedbank purpose.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Preferred Qualification
- BCom (Financial Management/ Accounting)/ BSc Agri)
- Minimum Experience Level
- 7 – 10 years
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Communication Strategies
- Negotiation skills
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Account Planning
- Targeting Sales Opportunities
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- Sales Negotiation
- Business Acumen
- Building Trusting Relationships