Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
This position is responsible for providing Metso’s customers with professional technical support of its products. This position will coordinate and work closely with the Service Business Line Technical Support Teams to assure a common understanding/application of technical support and information to support and provide excellent customer service on Metso Equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures customer and LCS team have access to high quality product and technical support provided in a time frame respectful of Metso’s customers’ sense of urgency.
- Establishes best practice customer technical support services for Metso equipment. Supports internal / external customers with technical information facilitating the successful completion of assigned activities, responsibilities and service projects. Identifies potential new product/spares offerings which result from the review and analysis of the process problem at hand.
- Effectively and accurately install and commissions Metso equipment.
- Undertake effective and accurate repairs to Metso equipment and in accordance with Metso Standards.
- Interpersonal skills are required due to regular interaction and feedback with the customers.
- Provide accurate instructions and training to customers’ plant personnel and maximize Metso products and services.
- Must be able to effectively and accurately work in a fast paced environment on several projects simultaneously, with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- As required, coordinates, prepares, analyzes and submits accurate and timely reports/feedback within Metso and Customers.
- Positive customer relations, communication and delegation skills are essential.
- Experience and capabilities enable carrying out responsibilities with limited direction.
- Special Projects as assigned by Manager
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance activities
- Identify and report any risk of component or equipment failure
- Inspect, install, adjust and maintain mechanical machines and equipment on site.
- Component rebuild & replacement.
- Perform alignments
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting hydraulics, pneumatics.
- Proficiency in welding/cutting
- Equipment lubrication
- Ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and provide input directed at improving the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness and Reliability of equipment
- Provide input to Maintenance and Reliability improvement initiatives
- Recommend job plan and tool changes to Maintenance Supervisors
- Safely operate specific units of mobile equipment including overhead and mobile crane, forklifts, etc.
- Follow all plant specific Policies E.g. No Smoking areas, lockout, Confined Space, Working at Heights, PPE, Etc.
- Report directly to Field Service / LCS Supervisor.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
- Key Global and Local customers within the Business Line
- Key suppliers
- Local SBL Customer Service Support teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency and/or ability required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- Trades Papers in Fitting – Essential
- Computer Literate
- Understanding and principles of customer relations and interaction
- Minimum 5 years’ field service experience on mining process equipment (Crushers / Mills) – Essential
- 5 Years Mill Relining and Crusher experience – Advantageous
- Ability to effectively communicate with a drive and performance orientation
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Valid driver’s license (C1)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 – 2008
- Knowledge of Mine Health and Safety Act
- Knowledge of Occupation Health and Safety Act
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Leadership and relationship building qualities, a bias for action and detail-oriented behaviors are required.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Good communication, co-operation and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical, analytical and mechanical skills and abilities.
- Willingness / Ability to travel internationally.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, telefax, visits and movement, and travel experiences.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, scaffolds at jobsites and customer facilities.