Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
- This position will be suited to an experienced person who has the technical ability and experience to ensure that repairs are performed correctly and efficiently by qualified technicians and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
Specific Role Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits hire and motivate qualified service technicians.
- Assists technicians in developing their skills.
- Understands keeps abreast of, and complies with all regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OHSA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Ensures that all department employees receive appropriate manufacturer training.
- Conducts regular performance reviews for all technicians in accordance with dealership guidelines.
- Ensures that all repairs are assigned to technicians in an equal and fair manner.
- Provides technical support for technicians when necessary.
- Ensures repairs are charged out correctly.
- Checks progress of each repair order throughout the day.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Road tests vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing, and all are processed correctly.
- Establishes and maintains customer follow-up programs to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Handles all customer complaints within 24 hours, informing other managers as appropriate.
- Manages department performance using tools such as the daily operating control (DOC), efficiency and productivity control, comeback reports, warranty reports, telephone surveys, and monthly forecasts.
- Monitors technicians’ daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors shop conditions, including cleanliness, safety, and the condition of shop equipment. Reports problems to the service manager or dealer.
- Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Fills in for Service Advisor when necessary.
- Attends manager and workshop production meetings as requested.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Technician
- Must have workshop Foreman experience
- Prior Renault experience – advantageous but not essential.
Minimum Qualification/s Required:
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Qualified Technician – essential
- Recognised supervisory or management qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Valid, unendorsed driver’s license
- Computer literate: proficiently able to use MS Office and relevant DMS functions.
Skills and Personal Attributes
Skills and Expertise Required:
- Have sound, effective communication skills in English (speak & write).
- Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people, building team spirit, reconciling conflict, listening and supporting others.
- Professional and technical expertise in vehicle service and repair maintenance.
- Problem solving and motor vehicle fault finding skills.
- Planning and organising
- Supervising and leading; providing team members with clear direction, delegating, motivating and empowering others, providing people with development opportunities, and sets appropriate standards of behavior.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Following instructions and processes; appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organization; complies with legal and technical obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- A team player
- Decision making and action orientated.
- A developing understanding of the commercial factors of managing a successful business operation.
- Valuing Diversity
- Equally comfortable with being presentable in dealing with customers and also getting your hands dirty.
- Reliable and committed
- Some who values and builds relationships.
- Alignment with the brand/s.
- Positive thinking