Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Thales has been in South Africa for over 35 years and provides its customers with technologically advanced solutions for the aerospace, transportation, defence and security domains. Thales today employs 160 people in South Africa and is rated level 2 under the Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) scheme. LOCAL COMMITMENT Thales’ commitment towards South…
Read more about this company
Technical Consultant Manager / Leader – South Africa
- To Develop and Coach a team of Technical Consultants and Trainees.
- To drive customers as Project Manager and Technical Consultant.
- The Project Manager manages a project to ensure solution or product delivery based on Customer requirements.
- The Technical Consultant side provides consultancy and technical guidance to customers.
- You and Your team will develop products that will secure the digital lives of millions of people.
- You will coordinate with the Sales Vice President(s) to define and implement the technical strategy for South Africa.
- You will provide technical escalation support for customers, Sales Vice President(s) and Account Managers.
- You will build, develop and manage a team of Technical Consultants by upholding best practices.
- You will train the team on the Gemalto portfolio in order to provide the best solutions for customers and to efficiently utilize tools and processes.
- You will support the team in defining and positioning existing and new products.
Technical Consultant and Project Manager:
- Managing projects through the entire life cycle in respect of cost, time, and quality requirements
- Monitoring and securing project delivery (validation of customer specification, customer sign-off, successful handover to operations)
- Defining and following-up agreed action plan with customer to achieve project goals
- Setting and managing the right level of expectations from project stakeholders
- Managing answers to customer’s technical questions by using internal resources, processes and tools
- Collaboration with internal teams for project needs
- Support the Perso Site Centre to understand and deploy new customer solution and service
- Main contact during the project course
- Ensuring project documentation
- Willing to travel within the region for onsite project meetings with internal and external customers
- Provide pre-Sales support, including the analysis of the customer’s requests in terms of cards and solutions
- Understand the customer technical organization
- Provide Gemalto with market knowledge and competition
- Actively able to understand the customer’s technical requirements and able to identify the possible solutions, based on Gemalto’s product map.
- Responsible for defining the customer technical requirements and specifications
- Responsible for being the technical point of contact for customers
- May be in charge of project management or engineering if no dedicated resource is assigned
- May assist in the implementation of solutions (D1, TSM, remote perso, etc.)
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in a relevant field (preferably Smartcard, EMV, Banking Payment System, Embedded Software, project management, team management) or equivalent experience within Gemalto/Thales
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Engineering
- Additional Business School degree is welcome
- IT background welcome
- English mandatory
- Fluency in the region local language preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and business oriented
- Organized, rigorous, and autonomous
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Tenacious with problem solving
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Be prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done
- Positive attitude
- Willing to travel for business needs
Other requirements :
- Signing of Corporate Code of Conduct and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.