Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Key Performance Areas:
Advance m2m Evaluation and Operational Research (E&OR) Priorities:
- Define E&OR priorities for m2m based on organizational need, the strategic planning process, country need identification, and any other relevant input / processes.
- Work closely with the Senior Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Analyst and Programme Analytics Specialist to identify opportunities for Evaluation and Operations Research through secondary analysis of existing, routine m2m data.
- Liaise with internal & external review committees regarding E&OR study design and implementation.
- Lead the preparation of concept notes, proposals and RFAs to generate funds for research priorities identified.
- Advise on and lead evaluation of existing and new programmatic activities, as well as lead other organizational evaluation activities.
- Develop annual E&OR work plan and budget.
Provide Technical Support to m2m Programme Teams and External Stakeholders where relevant:
- Co-ordinate and oversee m2m Programme Evaluations in all countries, including:
- liaising with country teams on evaluation planning
- supporting local stakeholders in co-ordinating evaluations
- assisting with local/international recruitment for consultants
- developing SOWs as well as evaluation protocols
- ensuring methodologically sound study design and analysis
- overseeing report writing & dissemination
- Provide technical support to programme teams on all matters related to planning, conceptualising, executing and using Evaluation and Operations Research.
- Support implementation of programmatic QA/QI activities that follow from Evaluation and Operations Research.
- Oversee design and use of mHealth and other digital technologies in support of Evaluation and Operations Research.
Manage and lead the Head Office Evaluation and Operations Research Team:
- Provide leadership in the planning and execution of Evaluation and Operations Research in the E&OR team, aligned with organisational needs and priorities.
- Support and Mentor more junior staff in the execution of their Evaluation and Operations Research responsibilities.
- Co-ordination and Oversight of Evaluation and Operations Research Studies:
- Oversee development and implementation of m2m E&OR studies & projects.
- Ensure the meaningful and insightful integration of quantitative and qualitative methodologies in appropriate, multi-method research designs for optimal knowledge construction.
- Provide leadership on all aspects of studies and the management of studies – from protocol development, data collection, data management and analyses, write-up and dissemination of findings, through oral presentations and written reports.
- Ensure methodological excellence (both qualitative and quantitative) in study design, data collection, analysis and report-writing.
- Coordinate report writing and support dissemination – among contracted service providers as well as among students / interns who volunteer their services.
- Manage interdisciplinary project teams, staff and short term consultants to achieve E&OR objectives, including capacity building through training & ongoing support.
- Contribute to m2m’s publication agenda through thought leadership, mentorship, capacity building and preparing manuscripts for submission in peer reviewed journals and other academic and non-academic channels.
- Represent m2m on national and international platforms as required.
Represent DPTS in interdisciplinary initiatives and assignments:
- Represent the interests of m2m on research committees and forums where research pertains to m2m, but is not necessarily driven by m2m.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in Public Health or related field with demonstrated specialisation in Evaluation and Operations Research / Implementation Science in an NGO context.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ work experience in a senior position conducting HIV/PMTCT / RMNCH / ECD/OVC / Adolescent Health, or related health and development empirical research, inclusive of Evaluation and Operations Research, in resource constrained country contexts.
- Proven track record in applying social science research methodology in the field of Public Health, in an Implementation Science context.
- Proven leadership, management, co-ordination & teamwork skills applied in the context of research, inclusive of Evaluation and Operations Research / Implementation Science.
- Proven track record of publishing research articles in reputable international peer reviewed journals.
- Experience in participating in competitive international Research / Evaluation and Operations Research / Implementation Science bidding processes.
- Experience in independently leading (i.e. providing thought leadership) and managing research projects and research teams.
- Experience collaborating with academic institutions, donor agencies, host governments & civil society organisations.
- Experience working in Southern and Eastern Africa is a strong advantage.