Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
We are a dynamic health care company that has shown extraordinary growth in the industry with exciting plans for the future. As ambassadors of the Intercare brand, everything we do is guided by our vision of creating a great healthcare experience altogether. Our shared values of Compassion, Patient First, Innovation, Integrity, and Excellence not only def…
Read more about this company
Dental Assistant – Woodhill
- Work within the realms of the scope of practice and knowledge base in relation to current trends and advances to maintain competency level.
- Takes personal accountability for decisions made and actions taken and/or omissions in the course of care delivery.
- Ensure the dental room is hygienically acceptable and that sterilization and infection control protocols are adhered to with regards to instruments and equipment.
- Assist dentist in all clinical procedures according to branch protocol.
- Coordinate laboratory work including but not limited to completion of lab slips, collection, returning and casting.
- Control availability of consumables and equipment in dental room as well as the monitoring the economical usage thereof.
- Engage and interrogate concerns brought to his/her attention in order to provide safe dental practices.
- Ensure documentation is in accordance with the policy and within the legal framework.
- Maintain patient confidentiality, dignity and safety at all times.
- Ensure that the disposal of medical waste, human tissue and medicine is in accordance to legislation.
- Ensure the efficient functioning of equipment, or reporting of any equipment failure that could pose a potential risk to patients or staff.
- Grade 12
- Completion of approved training course in dental assisting, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous experience in a customer focused service environment will be advantageous.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office).
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of general dentistry as applied to assisting a dentist in the treatment and care of patients.
- Advanced knowledge of dental terminology.
- Basic understanding of the functioning of dental healthcare environment.
- Good knowledge and application of infection control principles and sterilization techniques.
- Knowledge of treatment codes used in dentistry in doing quotations for advanced dentistry treatment procedures.
- Specialised dental procedures.
- GoodX experience will be advantageous
- Registered with HPCSA as Registered Dental Assistant.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.