Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Operations Analyst will have a wide range of evolving responsibilities, which will be exclusive or shared with other team members. Anticipated scope of duties and responsibilities includes the following:
- With an emphasis on creating investment opportunities for IFC, support the identification, prioritization and assessment of Upstream opportunities that emerge from country and sector strategies and market intelligence work and business development work carried out by regional and global INR teams.
- Contribute to the conceptualization, development and supervision of Upstream projects, including various types of pre-investment work required to generate and enable IFC investments, such as: providing general research support, including sector and country mapping to support business development, sector deep dives and strategy formulation, drafting Concept Notes and Implementation Plans for new projects and engagements, and drafting Project Supervision Reports for the different Infrastructure projects in the Africa region.
- Support production of regular reports on the assigned Upstream activities, including pipeline reports, status updates, and progress reports monitoring execution performance against project milestones and KPIs.
- Provide basic analytical support on compliance & operational risk issues—analyze trends and discuss quarterly changes–as well as on portfolio administration and reporting.
- Maintain a log of Infrastructure Africa Upstream events and track approval workflow status.
- Coordinate Africa INR pipelines and budgets.
- Support to the INR team to design and articulate core (but customizable) advisory products including training materials; work with regional and industry colleagues to ensure buy-in and quality outputs.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge materials to promote Upstream activities and document best practices and lessons learned.
- Ad hoc support to the team as required
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience. Master’s is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work,
- Possess excellent written communication skills including presentations, briefs, memos, etc. Utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data,
- Demonstrate active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others in order to identify client and stakeholder needs,
- Demonstrate diplomacy and responsiveness in interactions with others,
- Write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner,
- Distill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentations,
- Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute tasks timely and effectively,
- Organizational and communications skills,
- Advanced user level proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word is a must,
- Strong command over English (written and verbal) is a must. Proficiency in other languages spoken in the region is a plus.