Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The Procurement Business Manager manages the deployment of category strategies and the relationship with all end market customers of procurement to ensure their procurement needs are fulfilled and balanced with the needs of the business.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- To manage the customer relationship and all aspects of procurement related customer service for all Indirects goods and services categories for the factory environment in SSA.
- To understand customer/business unit requirements including their business goals, targets, initiatives, directions and supplier performance requirements for their appointed end market.
- To manage the local customer relationship for those categories being managed at end market level, shaping demand and compliance where appropriate.
- To deliver end market contracts in conjunction with Legal
- To ensure all contracts are agreed with the relevant business owners with minimal environmental impact.
- Support a green environment in line with EHS Policies
- To collate all relevant end market business unit procurement requirements, providing the necessary information to ensure robust planning, budget and target setting.
- Adopting the most cost effective purchasing processes to achieve best total acquisition cost and balance the requirements of internal customers & Procurement.
- Ensure that BAT Nigeria applies Common Platforms, Best Practices and complies with Global and Regional Directives as well as local and statutory policies.
- Development of an effective information system that provides optimal support to the whole Indirect Procurement process.
- Ensure that the Company plan is based on accurate demand captured from the business units.
- Ensure that the appropriate metrics, i.e. measurement tools, are in place and being used effectively to monitor and explain overall Indirect Procurement performance
- To own the relationship between procurement and all its internal & external customers at end market level.
- To challenge demand and requirements and manage customer expectations to ensure compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- To communicate appropriate supply chain and procurement messages regarding strategies, process and policies to customers, to ensure compliance and engender a common understanding of each other’s goals and targets.
- Responsible for approving supplier selection for categories managed at an end market level.
- Create and nurture an environment in which ethical and professional business values underlie all facet of procurement activity
- Responsible for implementing regional, global and geographic category strategies and sourcing plans at end market level.
- To ensure the business is compliant with procurement policy and actively manage any compliance issues.
- To use a consistent approach using the agreed global policies, standards and platforms in all day to day tasks. This may include developing internal SLA’s and monitoring against this performance.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant Business discipline
- 3 – 5 years of experience in sourcing and/or account management
- Good influencing and facilitation skills to act as the interface between end market business units and procurement balancing the optimum delivery of customer requirements with the need to adhere to a global approach
- Experienced in the sourcing process including negotiation and contracts placement
- Understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Experience in managing projects, especially to execute category and sourcing strategies at end market level.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and local legislation to ensure the creation of effective commercial contracts.
- Sound knowledge of the procurement processes, platforms and policies.
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.