Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Duties and Responsibilities
- The iMMAP Inc. office in Maiduguri, Borno State is conducting a series of innovative, multi-sectorial, and collective analyses and information management support to different initiatives and working groups and would like to engage interns to support agencies and sectors in achieving the analyses and build a network of information management experts.
- The regular activities that the interns would conduct during the internship period will not only increase their capacities and skills, but also establish a foundation to develop tools in data mining, data processing (data cleaning, consolidation, reconciliation, validation, classification), visualizations, mapping applications, and assessment to engage in data science and data analytics, and potentially to aid sectors and agencies in need of IM support.
Major duties and responsibilities
Output 1: Working with the Capacity Development team, the Humanitarian Information and Analysis Unit (HIAU), the interns will:
- Identify available data at different levels, including but not limited to surveys, MSNAs, rapid assessments, secondary data reviews, and other data that is collected by humanitarian actors and government MDAs in northeast Nigeria.
- Assist HIAU IMOs in information management tasks.
- Assist the Capacity Development team in preparing for training sessions and following up on training assessments.
- In collaboration with the Capacity Development team and the designated focal points from the HIAU, build a metadata catalog in relation to activity 1.1.
Output 2: Working with the sector’s/agency’s coordinators, and in coordination with the Capacity Building/HIAU teams, the interns will:
- Perform wide-ranging ad hoc data and information management tasks, as necessary to support the teams and develop practical skills.
To be considered for an internship at iMMAP Inc., applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A graduate or post-graduate student in a field related to computer science, data engineering or data science, information management, social science, research, or statistics and is not running any program (academic program, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), ad-hoc engagements with other organizations, etc) that could negatively affect his/her availability;
- must have graduated in not more than 3 years at the time of application;
- be proficient in the English language;
- must be an indigene of Borno state (please indicate on your CV)
- have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
Additional assignment-specific qualifications:
- Basic understanding and interest in GIS, data analysis, or data for decision-making within humanitarian organizations.
- Experience understanding technical requirements to accomplish goals.
- Experience working with non-computer scientists to ensure that project development meets the needs of users.
- Analytical rigor
- Tact, diplomacy, and political sensitivity.
- Maturity and ability to work and communicate effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Flexibility in work planning based on changing needs
Female candidates are STRONGLY encouraged to apply!
Benefits for interns:
- Gain valuable work experience: The intern will gain valuable experience in information management at a big organization.
- Develop new skills and refine others: Under the guidance of iMMAP Inc. senior staff, the incumbent will set learning objectives, receive feedback, and strengthen existing and develop new skill sets for effective planning exercises, and evaluating systems change initiatives.
- Strengthen future employability: The internship will expose the intern to a professional work environment. This experience at iMMAP Inc. could strengthen his or her future employability.