Just some things that’ll help you become a more responsible, hygienic, and organized (but still fun!) grown-up.
1. A popular Levoit air purifier, because now that you’re an adult, you should *probably* start thinking about how to optimize your surroundings a bit more, and what better way to start than with the very air you breathe! Plus, it’s really a twofer, since reviewers also say it’s effective at eliminating bad odors (not that your impeccably clean home has any 😉).
Reviewer photo of the white air purifier
Reviewer photo showing a filter filled with debris
In addition to a regular filter, this little machine comes with pet-allergy- and toxin-absorbing filters, and can refresh the air five times per hour in rooms spanning up to 219 square feet.
Promising review: “Bought because of California wildfires. I put it in a room that is roughly 200 square feet that reeked of wildfire smoke. Set it on the highest setting and closed the door/windows. Within an hour the smell was GONE. I am thoroughly amazed. (BTW this was with the filter that came in the box.) The highest setting is kinda loud, but it’s definitely quieter than a normal room fan. Doesn’t bother me as long as it serves the main purpose. Setting two is really quiet; you can sleep through that. Lowest setting is so quiet you can’t even tell it’s on. Highly recommend. Make sure you measure your room for square footage, as that definitely matters.” —Jay777
Get it from Amazon for $99.99+ (also available in black).
2. A set of MATCHING towels to replace those raggedy threadbare ones you’ve had since college. This set comes with two pairs of bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths, and will truly make you feel like you have your life together.
Reviewer photo of the full set of pink towels stacked up
Close-up of a reviewer’s hand holding the blue towel to show its texture
Promising review: “This is my second set of these towels, and I cannot say enough how much I LOVE THESE TOWELS. Seriously, I get compliments from guests at the quality of my ‘everyday’ towels…So much so, I’m thinking of getting some additional sets as ‘Oh, you like them? Here’s a set as a gift!!’ to keep around…They’re a perfect size (big enough to wrap around my…not small body) but, still small enough to actually be foldable to fit in my linen storage area. They wash well, and hold up well to normal washing/drying without beginning to look worn/frayed…I’d give 6 stars if I could!!” —AndrewD
Get a set of two bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths from Amazon for $33.99 (available in 16 colors).
3. A handmade macramé toilet paper holder as an upgrade to your current situation…which is just placing a roll on the back of the toilet. 😬 Has it ever crossed your mind that you could get compliments on a TP holder? Because with this you 100% will.
The macrame toilet paper holder holding a roll of toilet paper
Sasak Market / Etsy
Sasak Market is a small business that sells handmade home goods with a focus on sustainability. They ship without plastic, and their items are vegan!
Promising review: “Such a beautifully made item! It adds extra character to my bathroom and arrived quickly after purchasing!” —Megan
Get it from Sasak Market on Etsy for $15.22.
4. An external battery you can charge before your trip to keep your devices powered up on the go (this one has over 50,000 5-star reviews!). No more of this “leaving the house while your battery’s at 27% and hoping for the best” nonsense.
Reviewer photo of the external battery being used to charge a smartphone
BuzzFeed Shopping’s Rachel Dunkel says: “I know external batteries are a snore and it seems like a lot compared to the cheap ‘lipstick’ ones, but I cannot recommend this battery enough. It can charge my phone a full three times, which is crucial for someone like me: a frequent-flying, Twitter-loving, podcast-downloading, battery-draining millennial who feels like they’re drowning if their phone dies for one damn second.”
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in four colors).
5. Some vacuum-seal bags to keep all of the clothes you’ve amassed over the years nice and contained. Now you know why your parents were so obsessed with the concept of “space saving.”
A BuzzFeeder’s bulky clothes in a sealed bag with text: “Puffy and taking up half my case!”
The BuzzFeeder’s same clothes now vacuum-sealed with text: “*Poof!* more room for the ~essentials~”
Jasmin Sandal / BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed Shopping’s Jasmin Sandal says: “I swear by these bad boys not only for general storage purposes, but also if I know I’m going to be traveling for an extended period of time. As someone who tends to pack for every eventuality (who doesn’t like to be prepared?!), I have learned that it’s better to travel with them than without — especially since it’s more or less a guarantee that my clothes are gonna take up a ~substantial~ amount of room in my suitcase. And if I can use something that’s gonna shrink the size of my bulky hoodies and/or big tees in order for me to create more space, I’m sure as heck gonna do it. Plus, the satisfaction is indeed guaranteed because when you see those chunky layers flatten into a pancake…it’s just *chef’s kiss*.”
Promising review: “I’ve used these bags before and they are so helpful. Even used the medium one for travel and I have tons of extra suitcase room. The clothes don’t come out wrinkled at all as long as you fold them nicely before placing in the bag, then the air sucks out keeping them safe and sound and very compact. Arrived on time, would use this seller again.” —Susie Kochsmeier
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in four sizes or a variety pack).
6. And on that note, some under-bed storage containers that’ll make use of the space that would otherwise be used for hiding monsters (just kidding). In all seriousness, storing seasonal clothes and shoes under the bed is one of the easiest ways to save space elsewhere, and these containers come with see-through tops so you won’t forget what you stashed in them.
Reviewer photo showing the underbed storage container neatly packed with sweaters and sweatshirts
Reviewer photo showing the underbed storage container under their bed
And not only clothes, these storage containers are perfect for bedding, accessories, and basically anything you feel the need to keep around but don’t want on display.
Promising review: “These storage bags are fantastic. I live in a small apartment where storage space is at a premium. I use these to store my Costco toilet paper and paper towels so I don’t need to make as many trips to the store. It keeps them in pristine condition and out of sight. The handles make them easy to pull in and out, and they fold up nicely when not in use. I’m thinking about getting two more since four will fit under my queen bed.” —Kimberly Dorn
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $12.97+ (available with soft or firm side walls and in four colors).
7. A leather passport and vaccination card holder, because gone are the days of getting to the airport and not knowing where any of your travel documents are. With this handy little accessory, you’ll keep all of the important stuff in one place and from getting bent in your wallet/pocket/bag. Even I’m proud of you!
The black card holder surrounded by other card holders in all 10 colors
JMT Collections By Mary / Etsy
It’s made by JMT Collections by Mary, a small biz based in Arizona, and ships for free!
I recently ordered one of these passport/vaccination card holders for my dad as a gift and was blown away by how quickly it arrived — maaaybe took three days? It was also well packaged, looked just like the photo (I ordered the gold one), and is the perfect accessory for any traveler who’s constantly asking themselves, “Now, WHERE did I put my passport??” in the most frantic of voices (hi, Dad!). Since seeing it in person, I’m convinced I need to order one for myself, since I tend to just haphazardly throw things in my bag — which doesn’t always bode well when it’s travel documents we’re talking about! Very pleased with this purchase and I look forward to ordering again. Now to choose a color…
Get it from JMZ Collections By Mary on Etsy for $9.99+ (available in 10 colors).
8. A mini bar cart to impress your friends with all of the natural wines you became an “expert” on after, like, one tasting. At any rate, it’ll keep your bottles looking more organized than they currently do collecting dust in a cabinet.
Reviewer close-up of the gold bar cart filled with bottles
Reviewer photo of the gold bar cart filled with serving vessels
Reviewers say it’s on the shorter side, so depending on your height, it might be better as a stationary piece rather than something you wheel around.
Promising review: “Six stars for sturdiness. This cart doesn’t squeak or lean, it’s very high-quality, and something I would expect to find at a Crate & Barrel.” —Jason E Steckey
Get it from Amazon for $101.95+ (available in six designs).
9. Along with a sleek wine-chilling bucket for keeping bottles cold for up to two hours! Your guests will think you’re *so* fancy.
The copper chilling bucket holding a bottle of wine on top of a set table
It can fit practically any 750-milliliter bottle of wine and should be washed by hand.
Promising review: “Top marks! This wine/bottle cooler is both an elegant AND practical addition for any occasion where you want cooled wine, champagne, or other beverages close at hand. I used it at Thanksgiving for the first time and my company remarked how nice it looked. I like its ‘clean’ elegant design and it’s more effective than what I’ve used in the past. I also think it would make a lovely hostess or holiday gift!” —Bev
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in stainless steel or a copper finish).
10. And, a wine aerator pourer that’ll infuse your vino with oxygen in mere seconds, which can improve its aroma and flavor (look at you!). Try it out on your next bottle of two-buck Chuck!
The wine aerator pourer attached to the mouth of a bottle of red wine
Promising review: “Fantastic product! Makes red wine more enjoyable, as the ‘smoky’ flavors tend to taste soapy to me (I can’t be the only one here…). This was gorgeously packaged and came in two pieces to ‘assemble,’ if you can even call it that. The wine stopper is leak-free and the top keeps it from dripping red wine down the bottle onto your easily stainable white countertops. Wonderful product that I’ll easily be gifting to friends.” —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
11. And, most importantly, a red wine stain remover to have at the ready when someone inevitably spills their drink on the white couch you insisted on buying. Adulting is 91% problem solving, after all.
A reviewer’s stained fabric
A reviewer’s clean fabric after using the stain remover
For best results, absorb the excess liquid, then saturate the spot with the stain remover. Let it sit for one to five minutes, then blot it out. This product can also be used on hard surfaces to remove latex paint and grease.
Promising review: “When you have anything white in your house and you have a love for red wine THIS PRODUCT IS A MUST! We had a dinner party of about 15 people in our house so I bought five bottles just in case. Someone spilled red wine on our brand-new white couch. I was so mad, but I used this stuff and it was GONE. It didn’t just take most of the red wine out — the red wine was GONE! No trace of it at all! I will buy more!” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $11.43.
12. An unassuming but incredibly popular mop and bucket set that even professional house cleaners swear by for spotless floors. It might not magically get you to love cleaning, but it’ll probably get you to, you know, ACTUALLY clean.
Reviewer photo of a dog with the mop and bucket set
Reviewers say its hands-free wringing system is a total game changer — all you have to do is press the pedal down with your foot and it’ll spin away excess water (like in the GIF above). Another plus is the mop head, which has a unique triangular shape for getting into hard-to-reach corners and can be cleaned in the washing machine!
Promising review: “OK I know this is lame, but I am, like, obsessed with this mop. It is just extremely well designed in almost every way. The handle is extendable but collapses pretty small, the mop head is removable and can be put in the wash, the mop head is triangle shaped so it fits in corners, the spin pump is easy to use and gets water out super efficiently. The only small thing is that the mop bucket doesn’t have wheels. But it’s so forgivable given everything else.” —Rexana
Get it from Amazon for $32.97+ (also available as a set with extra mop heads).
13. A set of *actual* cloth napkins, because you (and your guests) deserve so much better than a sheet of Brawny next to your plates. Plus, they’ll make you look like a seasoned host even if it’s your first dinner party rodeo.
Reviewer photo of the dark blue napkin wrapped in a napkin holder at a place setting
Reviewer photo of a table set with the white cloth napkins
Promising review: “After realizing how many paper napkins we went through in a day, I decided to look for cloth ones. Me being me, I did an extensive amount of research and looked at probably 30 different brands. I’m extremely happy with these — they’re soft, durable, and the price is right! I’ve washed them about 10 times now and haven’t noticed any wear. Definitely recommend.” —Batman the Horse
Get a set of 12 from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in 11 colors).
14. A fingerprint-recognition lock that’ll just make you feel so…PREPARED, since anyone wanting to steal the contents of your luggage would literally have to cut it open (good luck, buddy). It can be used up to 2,500 times on a full charge, and when it runs out of juice, simply connect it to a USB power supply.
Just note that this lock isn’t TSA approved, so if they ever needed to search your bag, they would cut the lock off. That said, it’s perfect for carry-ons and luggage that remain with you at all times!
Promising review: “This lock comes with excellent directions and it’s very easy to use. At times, I need to wipe the fingerprint sensor for it to read my fingerprint, but not so much where it’s a hassle. My wife and I share this lock between us and we love it. It’s so much easier than remembering a combination or having to have an extra key.” —Ron Andres
Get it from Amazon for $32.99+ (also available with Bluetooth).
15. Earbud-cleaning putty, because, as you’ll soon learn, adult life largely revolves around cleaning, and no space is too small to clean these days. The putty sticks to the earbud (or whatever electronic device you’re trying to clean without wetting) and pulls out earwax and other debris that may have found its way into those tiny pockets for better connectivity and sound quality.
Reviewer photo of the cleaning putty that was used to clean their AirPods, showing the residue they were able to remove
Promising review: “After seeing this on BuzzFeed and looking at the reviews along the way, I literally bought this because of another review that said it fixed her muffled iPhone 11. So glad I did!! I had the exact same issue with hearing people on my iPhone 11 and was SO frustrated. But this worked instantly. Stuffed a square of the putty into the very small receiver you hear out of and for the first time in months I can hear people clearly and loudly out of my iPhone without being on speakerphone. I am so happy I don’t have to get a new phone. I used them to clean my AirPods as well; it was good to see all the gunk come out despite not having an issue with sound for them. Definitely a great purchase.” —jtd
Get a 12-pack on Amazon for $11.99 (also available as a 24-pack).
16. A Squatty Potty that, despite it sounding like a product for kids, will greatly improve your BM experience (aka something adults actually do care about).
The white Squatty Potty in front of a toilet
Promising review: “As a nurse, I can tell you that the logistics behind this is real! The human colon was designed to pass stool through the body in the squatting position rather than the sitting position that you have when sitting on a toilet. When you’re in the squatting position, your colon is not being kinked like it would be if you are in a sitting positions, thus it effectively decreases the need to push as hard and this decreases the risk of hemorrhoids, constipations, and major colon diseases! With all that being said, I have been using this for a few weeks and I love it!” —Jess Sewell
Learn more about the Squatty Potty in BuzzFeed Shopping editor Kat Angus’ Squatty Potty review.
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
17. Some slip-resistant velvet hangers for a less cluttered closet that might actually bring you joy to look at?! Gone are the days of opening your closet only to see your most delicate dresses and blouses collecting dust on the floor, and since these hangers have an ultra-thin design, you’ll save precious storage space, too.
Reviewer before and after showing a closet with clothes hanging on bulky plastic hangers, and the same closet looking much neater with the velvet hangers
Promising review: “OMG! These hangers are excellent! They are so sturdy and look great! Before, I used the standard plastic hangers, and I had a hard time going through my clothes. They were so cramped! Then I decided to spruce up my closet and buy these bad boys! Not only do they look great, I now have more room to continue to buy more clothes so that they can just hang there with tags and go unworn! I’m so excited!!! I highly recommend purchasing these hangers!!!” —Jess
Get a pack of 30 from Amazon for $17.84 (also available in packs of 50 and 100).
18. And, a hanger stacker, because literally no one should ever have to deal with (or look at) a messy pile of tangled hangers EVER. Just seeing that first photo is making me cringe.
Reviewer’s before picture of a messy pile of hangers
Same reviewer’s picture of the hangers now neatly piled on the stacker
Promising review: “Working in retail for a million years, I know how amazing these can be in keeping your life less chaotic! I put off ordering for months, and I’m mad at myself that I did, because these beat a box of hangers hands down! I ordered two, one for dress/shirt hangers and one for skirt/pant hangers. They arrived today, seem to be made of the same metal that I’ve used in retail stores, appear to be sturdy, and are super easy to assemble! The only thing I had to stop and think about is which side of the base should face up. It comes with all the hardware and tools for assembly. A great buy!” —KatieLee333
Get it from Amazon for $21.20 (also available in packs of two or three).
19. A 14-piece Rachael Ray nonstick cookware set that’ll make you legitimately excited about cooking for yourself. With two saucepans, two skillets, a sauté pan, stockpot, cookie sheet, peeler, two spatulas, and lids, you’ll have everything you need to make your culinary visions come to life.
The light blue cookware set
Promising review: “Awesome cookware! Lightweight, easy to clean, and great price, too! Highly recommended.” —Rosemarie
Get it from Macy’s for $149.99 (originally $299.99; also available in gray).
20. Or, if you’re short on storage space, Our Place’s Always Pan, which will quickly become your go-to cooking vessel (and is a certified BuzzFeed FAVE). It’s essentially an all-in-one kitchen tool, as it’s designed to braise, sear, steam, strain, sauté, fry, boil, serve, and store. Plus, it comes with a wooden spatula and metal steaming basket! That takeout you used to order every night in your younger days doesn’t seem as enticing now, does it?
A pan full of a rice and veggie dish
Our Place, Abby Kass/BuzzFeed
Here’s what BuzzFeed Shopping writer Taylor Steele has to say about the Always Pan: “As someone who neither enjoys cooking nor is particularly good at it, the Always Pan has made being in the kitchen feel like less of a chore. Having one pan that can do everything means I don’t have to second-guess every cooking decision I make. I can boil and prepare pasta in it. And I can roast Brussels sprouts. And I can make the perfect fried egg. And I can steam dumplings. The best part is that everything slides so seamlessly out of the pan and onto the plate, which also makes clean up super fast and easy. Both the amateur (read: reluctant) cook and the more seasoned chef will enjoy creating fan favorites and new recipes in the Always Pan!”
Also, BuzzFeeders LOVE this pan: seven of our team members shared their thoughts in our review of the Always Pan, saying they loved everything from its nonstick coating and lightweight feel to its *gorgeous* design.
Get it from Our Place for $145 (available in six colors).
21. A four-month supply of retainer- and denture-cleaning tablets, because, real talk: Just rinsing them under the faucet for three seconds isn’t doing the job. Dissolve a tablet in a cup of warm water, add your dental appliance, and let it sit for 15 minutes, or overnight for really caked-on stains.
Reviewer before photo showing a stained Invisalign retainer
Reviewer after photo showing the same retainer looking much cleaner
Promising review: “Bought this based on the reviews and I gotta say it 100% works. I had my Invisalign retainers for 10 years and was placing them in a cup of water with mouthwash. Over time, the retainers got gunked up and started turning my retainers with a brown tint that couldn’t be removed even with brushing. I was thinking about replacing my retainers until I came across this product and gave it a shot. At first, the first tablet did clean it some and removed a lot of the brown tinting from my retainers. But after a couple of uses, my retainers are crystal clear again. It removed 10 years of filth in a couple of treatments. I highly recommend this product if you want to keep your retainers clean.” —Herman L.
Get a pack of 120 tablets from Amazon for $13.43.
22. Some blue light–blocking glasses that’ll help combat the harmful effects of the light emitting from those electronics you stare at 24/7/365. Not only will you feel more *responsible*, you’ll also look pretty stylish, too.
Reviewer wearing the clear blue light blocking glasses
Reviewer wearing the tortoise framed glasses
Promising review: “These are actually amazing!! I can wear them all day and never notice them on my face due to the lightweight material, and being someone who works on the computer all day I can absolutely notice a difference with eyestrain. In addition, they are so super cute and they come with so many fun little accessories (soft case, lens-cleaning cloth, etc). I absolutely recommend buying these.” —Audrey Brown
Get a set of two from Amazon for $15.98+ (available in eight color assortments).
23. And, some soft silicone eyeglass sleeves to keep your frames from digging into the backs of your ears (the worst!) and from slipping down your nose (the other worst!). Yes, glasses are a big thing in Adult Land™️.
Reviewer photo of a pair of glasses fitted with the eyeglass sleeves
Promising review: “Just got them maybe five minutes ago. Put them on my glasses. Instantly 10,000% more comfortable. Didn’t know what to expect as I’ve worn glasses my whole life and never had an issue, but these new glasses were giving me a terrible soreness on just one ear. I put them on both sides just because and such an immediate improvement! I’m hoping to experience less nose slippage, too, but that would just be an added bonus. My ear already feels relief. And so many in the bag! Easy enough to get on over my glasses arm, and I love that there’s so many extra in case mine gets dirty, damaged, etc. Worth every penny!!” —mommabug
Get a pack of five pairs from Amazon for $6.99 (available in three colors).
24. Some good old Magic Erasers, because while we’re not telling you to stop eating Cheetos, we are telling you to wipe those orange fingerprint stains off your walls once and for all. Just wet ’em, squeeze ’em, and go to town!
Promising review: “Long story short, applying aerosol suntan lotion in your shower, which has hard water, is a horrible idea. The result was a seemingly permanent spotty orange stain all over the tub. Nothing, and I mean nothing, was doing the trick, no matter what we did — every cleaning product, bleach, ammonia, soaking it in dish soap, and even our steam mop, made zero improvement. A little elbow grease, and this magic sponge is the only thing that worked. I honestly don’t understand what makes this sponge so great, but it really is magic.” —Jessi
Get a pack of nine from Amazon for $6.97.
25. A set of modern geometric coasters that serve double duty as drink condensation collectors and chic table decor. Yes, adults get excited about coasters, and these are worth the hype.
Overhead shot of the coaster sets in different colors
The coasters on a coffee table holding coffee cups and surrounded by a tea kettle record, and muffin
LineArcDesign / Etsy
LineArcDesign is a husband-and-wife-owned small biz based in Belmont, California, and their coasters ship for free!
Promising review: “Incredible coasters. They’re very sturdy, don’t slide around the table or surface, and the grooves keep the cup/bottle on the coaster and help prevent it from falling over. Amazing purchase, I’m recommending these to all my friends and family. So glad I found this shop, will certainly be purchasing more from here.” —Anissa Vitoria
Get a set of six from LineArcDesign on Etsy for $30 (available in other colors on LineArcDesign’s shop page).
26. A multiuse wall shelf with hangers for keys and coats and a mail compartment, because slinging your jacket over a chair and flinging your mail onto a random surface in your home is…no longer acceptable.
The white shelf on a wall holding keys, a succulent, and mail
It comes fully assembled and all wall mounting hardware is included.
Promising review: “Love this!! I have been looking for a way to organize keys and masks and get outgoing mail off my kitchen counter and this is perfect. Solid and well-made pieces. You need to assemble and that’s fairly easy to do.” —Marliese
Get it from Wayfair for $47.99.
27. A digital luggage scale so you’ll know just how many souvenirs you can cram into your suitcase without — surprise! — a hefty over-capacity fee. Proactivity at its finest, in my humble opinion. Just hook the scale to your luggage handle, lift up, and the LCD display will show the weight. You can also switch between pound and kilogram measurements.
Model’s hand holding the digital scale
Promising review: “This luggage scale does everything that a luggage scale should do. First, and foremost, it is accurate. I tested it against two other scales, and it was spot on. The scale is smallish, which is nice because it is the last thing that I am going to stuff into my luggage after I have finished packing and weighed everything else. Everyone that travels on an airplane should own one of these scales. At a bare minimum, it will save you from having to repack your dirty underwear in front of a gate agent, at the most, it will save you being hit with a $50–$100 extra baggage fee that negates the cost of that cheap ticket that you spent days searching for.” —ManFromDola
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
28. A pair of Shark Tank–endorsed drain protectors for any respectable adult who’s ever had to witness a plumber pull a humiliating amount of hair out of their clogged drain and has vowed to never let that happen again. Just place it in your drain, and replace every few months once it’s nice and hairy.
Reviewer holding up the drain protector to show how much hair it removed from a shower
Reviewer close-up of all the hair that was pulled up by the drain protector
Promising review: “These things are amazing. I have very long hair that seems to shed ALL the time, no matter what. I started using these when I lived in an apartment so I wouldn’t have to call maintenance once a month to clear my tub clog… They’re SO great. They’re pretty disgusting to change out, but I put on some rubber gloves and hold my breath and it’s easy! It’s incredible how much it catches and it saves me from having to call a plumber all the time since I no longer rent! Highly recommend. Oh, and they’re super cute to see in the shower.” —MrsV
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $8.71.
29. Some cute monogrammed stationery, because a thank-you email or text is, shall we say, a little “collegiate.” Jump on the snail mail train and feel a sense of accomplishment! Plus, these are fun enough that you’ll still be honoring your inner kid.
Two cards monogrammed with SJP in blue and red lettering
Joy Creative Shop / Etsy
Based in Dallas, Joy Creative Shop is a small biz that makes colorful, customized paper goods, from notepads and gift tags to recipe cards and address labels.
Promising review: “So chic! The monogram looks modern yet classic. Printing was really well done, and card stock is high quality. Really happy with my purchase.” —kathleenfairman
Get it from Joy Creative Shop on Etsy for $23+ (available in sets of 10–100, and in 28 ink colors and 11 envelope colors).
30. A complete flatware set to ensure you’re not short a fork (the horror!) when you invite your family over to dinner for the first time. Plus, your parents will be amazed by the fact that you have a set of actual serving utensils!
The forks, spoons, and butter knife on top of a dinner plate
The five serving pieces
It includes eight dinner forks, dinner spoons, salad forks, steak knives, butter knives, and tea/dessert spoons, along with a serving spoon, slotted serving spoon, pie server, butter spreader, and ice cream spoon.
Promising review: “My husband and I wanted a nice silverware set. For the money, this set is great. It’s perfect for us, especially when we have guests. Before, nothing matched, and now it all matches.” —Laura A.
Get a set of 53 pieces to serve eight people from Amazon for $55.99+ (available in three colors and also in two smaller sets).
31. Dishwasher-cleaning tablets, because, seriously, how clean can your dishes really be if your dishwasher itself is a mess? Just pop them into the tray where you’d normally put detergent (or on the bottom of your dishwasher if you’re washing dishes at the same time), and run as usual!
The inside of a reviewer’s dishwasher looking dirty
The same reviewer’s dishwasher now looking shiny and clean after using the cleaning tablet
Use them monthly or as needed — plus, they’re among Amazon’s “Climate Pledge Friendly” products!
Promising review: “After using this product, I am happy to report that my $5 investment saved me over $500. I was ready to replace my dishwasher due to super-cloudy glasses, residue, and just not getting clean. Then I became aware that the water softener no longer was doing its job, so I had the rental company replace it. Dishwasher performance improved somewhat. I decided to do two more loads before deciding to purchase a new one. Then I saw a product test review for Affresh in a magazine. I was ordering some stuff from Amazon anyway, so I added that to my order. When it came, I tossed one of the tablets into the bottom of the full machine, and ran the regular cycle. I did not expect the results I got! My glassware that I thought was permanently etched and ruined came out like new. Same with cutlery. The difference is unbelievable. I will use this faithfully on a monthly basis, as recommended. I can even put it on my Subscribe & Save order so I will get a new pack every six months. I am amazed!” —Sheila
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $5.99 (also available in a pack of 12).
32. And on that note, some super-popular washing machine–cleansing tablets for extra assurance that your linens aren’t mingling with odor-causing residue while they’re being “cleaned.” Simply place one tablet in your empty washing machine and run a normal wash cycle for a cleaner, better-smelling appliance.
This cleaner is an Amazon “Climate Pledge Friendly” product.
Promising review: “I have been using bleach to clean my machine for some time, but decided to give this a try a few months ago. My very first clean with Affresh left me surprised and delighted, for not only did it clean my machine, it eliminated the nasty smell that always transferred to my clothes thanks to a buildup of mold I didn’t even know about. Every month now, I toss a tablet into the drum and let it work its magic. Now my machine is cleaner than ever, and my clothes always smell wonderfully fresh. I highly recommend this to everyone.” —Kelli Crawford
Get a pack of three tablets from Amazon for $6.99 (also available in packs of five and six).
33. Shelf dividers that’ll put an end to the disorderly state of your linen closet once and for all. Separate the towels from the washcloths and the sheets from the quilts, and feel a sense of pride when you open the door and know *exactly* where the item you’re looking for is.
Reviewer photo showing shelf dividers used to separate stacks of towels in their linen closet
Promising review: “If you need to Marie Kondo your closet, this is really useful and it looks really nice. Bought two to see how they were. Perfect. Bought six more. Loving it!!! Really recommend this product, ready to install and very sturdy.” —Nicolò R.
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $10.34.
34. A cold brew coffee maker so you can enjoy barista-quality beverages in the comfort of your own home without handing over half of your paycheck to Starbucks.
The white cold brew maker next to a cup of iced cold brew
This product couldn’t be more foolproof: Just pour any type of ground coffee into the filter, place it into the pitcher with cold water, shake, and refrigerate. It’s BPA free, and can make up to 1 or 2 quarts at a time.
Promising review: “I love this cold brew system. I did have an expensive Pampered Chef system, but broke the pot. I bought this system as a replacement, and I like it much better. The coffee is great, and I have had zero problems with loose coffee grounds, even when I use bagged ground coffee instead of coarsely ground coffee, as is suggested.” —Erin
Get it from Amazon for $24.99 (available in two sizes and three colors).
35. A Chirp back pain relief set to help ease that achy tension you’ve been feeling more and more frequently (we all knew this day was coming 😩). It comes with three wheels for different levels of massage, as well as an upper back posture corrector to help keep things in alignment.
The Chirp Ultimate Back Pain Bundle including three wheels, an upper back posture corrector, and travel case
Promising review: “I never realized how much I was limiting my movements due to back and neck soreness. These wheels have been a godsend! I feel like the Tin Man once he got oil!” —Ladonna A.
Get it from Chirp for $99.99 (originally $205).
36. An AeroGarden Harvest so you can grow — and pick! — fresh herbs right on your counter, no soil required. Even if you’ve never had a green thumb, these greens are foolproof, and they’ll take your newfound love of cooking to the next level.
The black AeroGarden on a counter
It includes basil, curly parsley, dill, thyme, Thai basil, and mint seeds, along with a bottle of all natural plant nutrients.
Check out BuzzFeed Shopping writer Yi Yang’s AeroGarden review for more info!
Promising review: “I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend’s sister-in-law who lamented not having a green thumb. I was somewhat apprehensive, having read a few reviews that mentioned pods not spouting. However, in the two months that the sis-in-law has had the AeroGarden, the growth has been tremendous. I’m constantly in awe when she sends me pics of the new growth. Only one pod failed to sprout, but she reached out to customer service, and they are sending a replacement for that particular pod. All the others have grown quite large, and last night I received a picture of their dinner using herbs grown with the AeroGarden. Impressive!” —Mary A. Walls
Get it from Amazon for $79.99+ (available in three colors).
37. A set of grocery organizers, because throwing out moldy food you forgot about is a sad, sad thing, and a surefire way to avoid it is by using see-through compartments that provide each item with a designated place. Plus, they’ll impress your friends when they go to reach for a snack and see such an orderly fridge!
Reviewer photo of the organizers being used to hold groceries in a very tidy fridge
Promising review: “These are so helpful if your fridge is cluttered. I bought these for my mom, who is an extremely cluttered person. I love her to death, but she is not an organized person. Her fridge used to look wild. There would be food piled on top of food, and small jars and containers EVERYWHERE. I bought her these to help her organize everything. Now she can see what she has and everything has a place. Thank you for making something like this to help those that are so cluttered.” —Amazon Customer
Get a set of six from Amazon for $25.99.
38. Along with some food storage containers that belong in every pantry, not only for organization and convenient browsing, but to keep flour mites (yes, that’s a thing) far, far away. This epic set comes with 15 (!) canisters, along with 24 labels, so you’ll never mistake your barley for farro again.
Reviewer showing their cupboards completely overflowing with boxes and bags of dry goods
Same reviewer showing their cupboard entirely cleaned up and organized with so much leftover space after using the storage containers
Promising review: “Fits and stacks not only on my counter, but in my cabinets, too! Instead of the boxes, I dump it all into the containers and label them. Gives me more space in my cabinet. Great buy!” —Doreem
Get a set of 15 from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in three colors).
39. And, a food container lid organizer, because if there’s anything we can all agree on, it’s that lids have a mysterious way of disappearing when they’re just shoved into a drawer. And look at you taking initiative!
Reviewer photo showing the lid organizer from above
Reviewer showing the lid organizer from the side
Promising review: “This is a great caddy for all of those maverick Tupperware lids that disappear like socks in a laundry room. I was able to fit quite a few into it. It comes with five separators to cordon off different sizes/shapes of lids (see photos) and consolidate two of three previous lids bins into this one. Plus, according to their card insert, the company is a woman-owned small business, which I’m always happy to support.” —Bridget D.
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in four sizes).
40. Some Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day multi-surface cleaning spray that smells so nice, even the most resistant cleaners will actually look for things to spray it on. Bonus: It’s even safe to use on hardwood floors. See all the fun you were missing out on in your youth?
A bottle of the lemon verbena multi-surface spray
It has a refreshing lemon verbena scent, and is cruelty-free! It’s also one of Amazon’s “Climate Pledge Friendly” products.
Promising review: “I was so pleasantly surprised by this product. I got it on a whim, thinking, ‘What the heck, I’ll try it.’ I literally use this cleaner for EVERYTHING! I mean from my wood furniture, mirrors, granite countertops, even my hardwood floors! The smell is so nice and not overpowering like other cleaners, and I feel safe using it around my kids. I’ll be buying this product as long as it’s made.” —casandra
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $11.55.
41. A fruit infuser water bottle to help you get those daily glasses in — if you’re anything like me, having some spa water you can drink on the go is the only way that’s happening.
The fruit infuser water bottle
Promising review: “I’ve tried a couple of infuser bottles and this one is by far the best. In fact, I’m buying another one because I lost the original one that I purchased. This bottle has enough room at the bottom to put some ice in when filling it and still be able to put the infuser section in on top of the ice. The top screws on easily and securely, not true with every water bottle.” —BahamaMama
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
42. A robot vacuum cleaner that — if we’re being honest — will likely do a more thorough job of cleaning your kitchen floors than you would on your own. It works on practically any floor type, and is powerful enough to suck up even the thickest pet hair.
Reviewer photo of pet hair picked up by the robot vacuum
Use it with Alexa for voice control, or connect to the iRobot Home app to schedule regular cleanings. It can run for up to 90 minutes before automatically recharging, comes with adaptive navigation to maneuver itself around your home, and can change its height depending on the surface. Just note that while it has cliff detection, it’s wise to place a barrier near areas like stairs just to be safe.
Promising review: “Much to my chagrin, the cats have been avoiding this like the plague. However, this little robot does its job well. We ignored the comments telling users to sweep/vacuum before the first go-round and let it vacuum up our cat-hair-covered floors as-is. It actually did a really good job!!!! My fiancé and I were both impressed by how it was able to pick up everything visible to the human eye with its seemingly random path around the house. We let it roam around every other day or so, and it keeps our floors looking way cleaner than we thought possible! Almost like someone with pride of ownership lives here. We do have two thick-coated cats, and it has worked wonderfully for us!!! Our lint roller is getting a considerably smaller workout since we set up our new little friend. I am so impressed by this and wish we’d gotten one sooner. For the price, this is such an amazing deal. I’ve already recommended it to all my family and friends!!!!” —nanne
Get it from Amazon for $177+ (available in three models).
43. A fume-free oven cleaner so you can finally get around to cleaning your oven after…how many years of avoiding it? This NSF-certified product doesn’t contain lye or harsh fumes, and reviewers say it works like a dream on caked-on messes if left on overnight. Your parents will faint the next time they visit.
Reviewer photo of a dirty oven
Reviewer photo of the same oven looking very clean after using the product
Promising review: “I don’t normally write reviews, but HOLY MOLY if you’re looking for an oven cleaner, BUY THIS ONE!! I’m fairly sure no one has ever cleaned my oven since the day it was installed in this apartment X years ago, and I’m embarrassed to admit that includes me (seven years living here). I wiped up spills and such after cooking, but never did a deep clean before because I thought it was going to be a gargantuan task. I sprayed on a layer of Easy Off foam, let it sit overnight, and started wiping it off with a wet sponge the next day. Talk about ‘easy to remove’ — this cut through YEARS of baked-on grease splatter like it was nothing. My sponge was black after the first swipe, but I could actually see clean metal! Many rinses/wipes later, I have an oven that looks almost new, save for a few spots on the door and oven top that need another spray/sit/wipe session to get the last of the baked-on splatter. This saved me SO MUCH work, I can’t believe how much better my oven looks now! ‘Easy Off’ definitely lives up to its name. They also advertise ‘Fume Free’ on the can, and I can happily report that’s true as well! This is a fantastic cleaner, well worth the purchase.” —L. Lietzke
Get it from Amazon for $5.96.
44. A white noise machine to keep distracting sounds to a minimum and make falling asleep a little easier — even when your neighbors decide to throw a rager on a Tuesday night. 🙃 Welcome to adulthood, where getting enough sleep is now your top (only?) priority.
The white noise machine
I use this exact machine every. single. night. It’s honestly been a lifesaver since I moved to a block with neighbors who enjoy speaking in, shall we say, volumes that could cause glass to shatter, and helps silence the sound of traffic that comes with living in a city. It comes with 20 sounds to choose from, and you can set it for an hour or let it go all night. Plus, it’s super compact, so if I ever felt the need to take it on a trip, it wouldn’t take up much room in my suitcase. No notes, 5 stars, love it love it love it!
Promising review: “By far the BEST purchase I’ve made in the past 12 months. I have been running a fan every night for six years and this little guy has been a game changer. Particularly on those cold New England nights when the last thing you want is air blowing around. I’ve had a hard time with other white noise machines in the past because my brain waits and listens for the sound loop subconsciously when I’m trying to fall asleep. I’ve tried EVERY one of the top 20 phone apps and always hear the loop. I never hear it with this machine. ALSO incredibly easy to travel with. I’ve flown three times domestically with it and it has never been an issue. Cannot speak highly enough of this little beautiful noise box, I recommend it to everyone.” —Ashley
Get it from Amazon for $44.54 (also available in three other models).
45. A dishwasher magnet you can flip to say whether the contents inside are clean or dirty — a seemingly small gesture with potentially major peace-keeping results. If you’ve ever experienced the horror of your SO putting dirty dishes into a dishwasher filled with clean ones, I know this is already in your shopping cart.
The white and black clean/dirty magnet stuck to a dishwasher
1620 Designs / Etsy
Based in Plymouth, Massachusetts, 1620 Designs makes assorted laser-cut and engraved items for home and business use.
Promising review: “Exactly what we needed to signal whether the dishwasher has been run, or not. Magnet is strong. Easily switches from clean to dirty. I like the size and quality of the item. Now, if only my family remembered to switch it from dirty to clean to dirty when appropriate!” —Jacklyn Christensen
Get it from 1620 Designs on Amazon Handmade for $10.99 or from 1620 Designs on Etsy for $11.25.
46. A handy little knife sharpener to keep that nice set you finally invested in impeccably pointy. With proper maintenance, even run-of-the-mill knives can last a long time.
The knife sharpener on a wood cutting board next to a knife and some tomatoes
It has a coarse setting for sharpening dull and damaged knives and a fine setting for light touch-ups and polishing.
Promising review: “I travel a lot, for both business and leisure, and I love to cook. One of the most frustrating and potentially even dangerous things I encounter are dull kitchen knives, so I have gotten in the habit of ordering one of these babies out anytime I encounter that. I usually just leave them behind for future guests’ benefit, since they’re so affordable. It’s incomparably easy to use — 10 light strokes on coarse and 10 on fine will bring all but the most neglected knives into useable condition. For really bad situations, more reps usually handle it. Oh, and yes…it’s also my daily solution for my own kitchen.” —Jeff B.
Get it from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in four colors).
47. A popular yet affordable instant-read thermometer, so you’ll never have to worry about overcooking that pricey steak you bought from a *real* butcher ever again.
The instant read thermometer, its packaging, and accessories
The thermometer taking the temperature of a piece of meat
Promising review: “I am an avid home cook and never really checked the temperatures of what I was making. After more than a few missteps using old school methods, I decided to order an instant-read thermometer. From heating water for bread making to checking the doneness of a roast or steak, I use this several times a day now and my food has never been better. Even better, it is magnetized and hangs easily in reach on the side of my refrigerator! This is a no-regret purchase.” —Holly Wade
Get it from Amazon for $22.99 (available in three colors).
48. Some in-flight earplugs that won’t only drown out the sound of the screaming toddler in back of you, they’ll also help prevent air pressure discomfort and popping. Congrats, you’re now a certified curmudgeon AND someone who cares about ear well-being! 👏
The box of earplugs
A reviewer wearing the blue earplugs
Promising review: “Never fly without these! Before I found these, I endured excruciating pain in my ears upon descent and landing. Felt like a hot poker being driven into each ear. My ears would also be plugged up, and it would often take two to three days for them to resume their normal state of being. I insert them about an hour before landing, as the plane is making its slow descent. I’m comfortable, and the most discomfort I experience is a slight ‘adjustment of pressure’ feeling in my sinus. NO PAIN. NO TEARS.” —K. Tombrella
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $17.95 (also available in 5- and 10-packs).
49. And, last but not least, a SipCaddy wine and beer holder, because you’re an adult now, which means you can enjoy an adult beverage in the tub when the mood strikes! 🍷🛁
Model in a bubble bath reaching for the SipCaddy holding a glass filled with red wine
It’s dishwasher safe!
Promising review: “Such a simple idea, how is this just coming into my life now? I didn’t think showers could get any better but now I have a brew/wine within reach at all times. Really helps take the edge off after a long day. The thing is way sturdier than you’d expect, I’ve tugged on it and it’s not going anywhere. The slotted design allows you to use stemmed wineglasses, too. A truly perfect product. This piece of plastic is working as hard as my therapist and I stan.” —Steven
Get it from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in six colors).
Reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.