Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Treatment, Care Mentorship and Provision
- Collaborate with OST doctor and Clinical Nurse Mentor to provide OST/ hepatitis. treatment and care mentorship to other clinicians.
- Provide OST/ STI and Hepatitis treatment to PWUDs at CoJ and surrounding areas.
- Manage treatment outcomes amongst PWUDs.
- Provide support to CoJ OST sites.
OST Clinic Management
- Manage the CoJ OST clinic.
- Dispense and account for methadone and other medication.
- Account for clinical supplies and equipment.
- Initiate PWUDs on ART and keep records thereof.
- Support Professional Nurses to achieve set HTS targets.
- Support psychosocial workers and advocacy officer in achieving set targets.
- Account and submit monthly reviews of HTS and ART registers, linkage registers inventory of project items.
- Account for and submit monthly narratives on OST sites as well as other activities done.
- Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A degree or diploma qualification as a Professional Nurse.
- Registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council.
- NIMART (Nurse Initiated Management of ART) qualification (essential).
- NIMDR Nurse initiated management of drug-resistant TB (essential).
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree will be an added advantage.
- Post graduate diploma in Nursing (Primary Health Care Nurse) will be an added advantage.
- Must have a dispensing license.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Public Health sector.
- 3 years’ management experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a registered nurse in NGO/Community clinic or a hospital environment.
- Familiar with latest HIV Management, TB and PMTCT guidelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Drivers licence & able to drive to sites where support is required.