Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Are you looking for the next challenge and growth opportunity in your career?
- Introducing a wonderful opportunity for a self-motivated Business Development Manager to join an Internationally recognized company, Emerson Automation Solutions (Discrete Automation Division). With our solutions and services, we serve our global customers in the Metals & Mining industry to meet their expectations and maintain our number 1 position in customer satisfaction. If you are ready to raise the bar to work with top customers in the industry and you have a ‘Customer Centric’ and ‘Drive for result’ mentality this might be the role for you.
- Emerson is a diversified global manufacturing company that brings technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions to customers in the industrial, commercial and consumer markets. Emerson Automation Solutions provides automation technologies and engineering services to help plan, implement and support customer operations. With more than 87 500 colleagues around the world, we help solve the problems our customers face today and build an advantage for tomorrow.
- Located at Emerson Automation Solutions Offices, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- This role will be responsible to grow business in the assigned area of Africa & Middle East specific to Metals & Mining. The Business Development Manager Metals & Mining will be responsible to ensure the proper growth and positioning of Discrete Automation products, a division within Emerson.
Your role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Leverage and grow existing Metals & Mining business in compliance with Discrete Automation business plan and strategy in the region.
- Build a positive rapport with a customer centric approach that will develop future business
- Identify business opportunities with new sites and applications – plan and align strategies to develop incremental business for Discrete Automation in Metals & Mining
- Develop new accounts through in-depth market intelligence and target competitive accounts in the assigned area for market share gain to drive incremental sales
- Assess customer requirements and pain-points and suggest appropriate technical solutions
- Actively engage in key account development and project pursuits within Emerson. Focus on developing End-user preferences and differentiation strategies during initial pursuit cycle
- Ensure efficient follow up of quotes and all sales activities
- Feedback product and capability requirements needed to help with the growth of the Metals & Mining business.
- Regularly engage with Metals & Mining EPC companies to create awareness and strategically position ourselves to be successful
- Conduct differentiation product seminars and training to internal and external customers
- Actively follow up on customer satisfaction with delivered solutions and installed products
- Provide regular reports including a summary of key activities/projects, work schedules, proposal logs, effective pipeline management and competitive feedback
- Work according to Emerson internal policies and within the granted level of authority supported by the MEA Business Development Manager and Africa Director
- Adhere to Company trade compliance policies and Ethics code of conduct.
What do I need to be considered for this role?
- Technical qualification – Engineering Diploma/Degree (Instrumentation/Automation/Mechatronics).
- A proven track record in business development in the region within the Metals & Mining industries with a minimum 5/10 years.
- Instrumentation/Mechatronics Degree/Diploma with a Trade Test. A proven track record of developing the Metals & Mining industries with a minimum of 10 years. Fluid Control, Pneumatic and PLC Scada experience.
- Well-spoken and well presented
- Fluent in English verbal & written
- Disciplined, Ethical, Self Starter
- Ability to work and thrive in a matrix organization
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Problem solve quickly, innovate and offer customized solutions
- A real knack for developing and nurturing customer rapport
- Great knowledge and usage of Microsoft programs (Excel, Power Point, etc)