Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
We are looking to hire an experienced Project Architect to oversee the detail design development, technical documentation, and construction monitoring of Architectural projects for our clients. With each project, you will lead the production team and coordinate external consultants and stakeholders. You will be responsible for quality control during construction and be required to administer the construction contract where required.
Key Performance Areas
- Manage a junior team and co-ordinate their efforts in conjunction with their own inputs to the design development process and preparation of technical documentation.
- Manage consultants, code compliance and production.
- Manage client project team relationships such as contractual obligations, project expectations, quality of service and overall communication amongst all parties.
- Meet with clients and stakeholders to discuss construction designs.
- Oversee the construction administration of a project/s.
- Acting as an intermediary between the client and the construction team.
- Visiting the site regularly to ensure construction adheres to applicable regulations.
- Creating progress and quality inspection reports.
- Conducting a final inspection after the project is complete.
- Travel might be a requirement with the ability to work independently as the company representative.
- Sensitivity to risk and the ability to manage risk with experience and knowledge are key to success in this role.
- An ability to interface with a full consultant team in a foreign country will be necessary.
- Master’s degree or BTech in Design and Architecture
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the role of Project Architect
- Full knowledge and experience of the JBCC forms of contract will be an advantage.
- A strong technical knowledge together with efficient management skills is essential.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Proven experience in managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in technical and services coordination with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering high-quality design projects on time and within budget.
- Able to manage the preparation of design sand technical documentation with impeccable presentation, and capacity to guide and perform quality assurance inspections during construction.
- Diligence and attention to detail is critical.
- Advanced Autodesk Revit User.
- Proficient in other documentation and coordination software and tools, such as Autodesk AutoCAD, Navisworks, will be an advantage.
- Minimum working knowledge of collaboration platforms BIM360 & ACC is a must.
- Enthusiastic approach and technically driven with keen interest in architectural excellence.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, external consultants and clients.
- Capacity to delegate, lead and manage work to and from junior team members.
- Strong project management abilities, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel to project locations in the country and abroad as required.
- Adaptability to change and ability to think laterally in a becalmed scenario.