Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) is an agency of the Department of Transport (DoT), established on 01 October 1998, following the enactment of the now repealed South African Civil Aviation Authority Act, 1998 (Act No. 40 of 1998). This Act was replaced by the Civil Aviation Act, 2009 (Act No. 13 of 2009), which came into effect on 31 Mar…
Read more about this company
Interim Executive Aviation Security
Strategic Support and Alignment to the SACAA Director of Civil Aviation and Board
- Provide support to the Director of Civil Aviation and SACAA Board through the identification of Aviation Security operations and programmes required to establish and maintain efficient, effective, and comprehensive division in line with the SACAA’s mandate.
- Develop the Aviation Security strategy and ensure execution.
Translate the SACAA vision and strategic objectives into Aviation Security Operation imperatives for the following departments within the Division:
- Airports and Airlines
- Cargo Security and Dangerous Goods
- Training and Certification
- Integration with other departments to effectively support the achievement of SACAA’s strategic priorities.
- Establish and maintain Security Standards in compliance with the legislative mandate of the SACAA.
- Develop and implement an annual business plan that will effectively meet both the short- and long-term goals as well as the strategic requirements of the Division and the organisation.
- Monitor aviation security risks globally to ensure effective strategies are implemented.
- Liaison with relevant external stakeholders responsible for national security to ensure effective aviation security.
- Provide secretariat support to the National Aviation Security Committee
- All tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Director of Civil Aviation
- Compile the Aviation Security operations annual budget for approval by Exco and the Board, in line with the PFMA and other appropriate legislation, policies and procedures and ensure management thereof.
- Manage expenditure in line with approved parameters, and report variances as required in line with the PFMA and other appropriate legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Manage mechanisms to ensure accurate revenue costing and planning.
- Manage and ensure the implementation of development interventions for Aviation Security operations that are aimed at institutionalising a high-performance culture and establishing a cohesive and positive working environment within SACAA to improve staff morale and increase productivity.
- Oversee the mentoring and coaching of staff on an ongoing basis to ensure an effective and efficient Aviation Security Division.
- Manage and ensure the implementation of governance development interventions aimed at institutionalising a high-performance culture and establishing a cohesive and positive working environment within SACAA to improve staff morale and increase productivity.
- Lead and manage regulatory reviews and submissions in terms of Aviation Security developments.
- Serve as international representation of SA interests in standards development for Aviation Security operations.
- Develop relevant SACAA policies for approval by the Board.
- Ensure consultation during policy development.
- Conduct research and development to establish the specified standards for application in the area of oversight, approval, evaluation, and issuance of Aviation Security licenses and certification.
Aviation Security Regulations Pertaining to Airports, Airlines, Cargo, Training Providers and Human Elements
- Define and manage the scope of oversight and investigation requirements, scope of work, and resources required to ensure efficient and effective work scheduling programmes.
- Manage and review operational performance against the business plan to ensure maximum integration of programmes and projects.
- Manage and oversee the development, review, and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure validity and compliance to ICAO Standards and recommended practices and legislative policies and procedures by the departments within the Division in terms of Aviation security as well as the maintenance of Security Standards (Projects).
- Ensures adherence to licensing requirements and authorisations of security and transportation of dangerous goods initiatives for Airports & Airlines, Cargo handling entities, Aviation Security Training Organisations Screening Organisations, Certification.
- Manage and ensure effective implementation and enforcement of non-compliance.
- Promote Aviation Security Operations to industry stakeholders.
- Ensure optimum internal and external communication on issues related to Aviation Security Operations.
- Ensure effective monitoring of cyber security threats and develop effective policies and plans to mitigate any risks.
- Develop policies and plans pertaining to threats to air navigation systems (radars), aircraft systems and aerodrome systems.
- NQF7 qualification in Security/ Risk Management or relevant equivalent.
- ICAO Certification as an Aviation Security Manager
- Senior Management Experience: 10 years
- Aviation Security Operations: 10 years
Closing Date: 20 October 2023
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.