Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all scholars. SPARK Schools Senior Phase Social Sciences Educators are content specialists in Art, Visual Art and Drama. SPARK high school Senior Phase educators equip scholars with the knowledge and tools required for matriculation and work collaboratively in leading an integrated inquiry-based curriculum.
Senior Phase Social Sciences Educators are integral to the SPARK Schools’ culture and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- Plan for, teach and co-teach face to face and distance lessons for and deliver academic and clubs lessons.
- Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create and implement high quality individualised behaviour and learning plans for scholars.
- Participate actively in all scheduled professional development sessions.
- Develop and administer formative and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data for student growth for all scholars to meet the required proficiency ratings.
- Submit and analyse scholar data in order to track progress and intervene when necessary.
- Lead scholar social and emotional development through CQ (Character Quotient) sessions and reflections.
- Plan for, deliver and monitor programmes to support low performing scholars, or extend high performing scholars.
- Participate in place-based education where required within mandated national curriculum or as part of SPARK Schools curriculum enrichment.
- Participate in career and tertiary pathways education where required as part of scholar culture and character development.
- Develop SPARK culture and implement behaviour management strategies.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Nurture a high achieving work environment where all scholars feel genuinely valued and supported.
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
- Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team. Adhere to the child protection, anti-bullying and health and safety policy.
- Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings.
- Submit student results data when required.
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and criteria:
- English language fluency
- Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree in Art/Visual art/Drama Senior/FET Phase
- SACE registration
- Clear criminal record