Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. Our divisions offer an unrivalled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, air and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 380,000 employees in more…
Read more about this company
OFR Import Controller
In this OFR Import Controller position;
- You will receive Estimate request from Client and check Ocean Freight (freight charges) in Cargo sphere – CW1 and / or Quote shop.
- You will request rates from origin station, process estimates for customer, including dangerous goods and executing the shipments.
- You will send Estimate to customer as required and follow-up with customer.
- You would request SLI from customer if estimate approved and contact origin station via quick Bookings.
- You will arrange collection with origin station and instruct origin to book with co loader / Carrier based on the SLI / SI.
- You will receive booking confirmation from origin station within 48hr and send to client.
- You will, once Draft bill of lading received from Origin, 2 days before ETD quality check, send to customer to quality check then submit approval to Origin.
- You will register shipment on internal system CW1 for Cross Trade files.
- You will request commercial invoice from Customer that must be used for Import certificate application ECTN/BSC/CNCA after BOL has been approved.
- You will quality check ETA details provided by Origin Station with shipping line ETA details, continuous process throughout the shipment life.
- You will in case of any discrepancies enquire with Origin Station via OI
- You will send out Status /Tracking report to customers, origin, and destination.
- You will, once all drafts are approved, Send SOB / Pre alerts to customer / destination offices / Local Customer.
- You will assign shipments off the LOT to your CW1 profile.
- You will invoice shipment based on estimate or rate agreements / process billing to local customer and / or bill back to origin station.
- You will update Mandatory milestones CW1 completely and within the specified timelines.
- You will contact customer and assisting them with ALL QUERIES including lanes that are not being handled by DGF ZA.
- You will co-ordinate movement of cargo within required/stipulated time frames in order to meet customer needs.
- You will create/ Confirm transport order to ensure delivery of shipment to final customer.
- You will ensure that all local import deliveries are routed via Saloodo as applicable.
- You will ensure that all 40’ JHB deliveries are returned to port at the agreed transporter rates.
- You will ensure all customs clearances are followed up with customer are processed prior ETA if all docs on hand.
- You will ensure release is taken from Co-loader/ carrier in time, to avoid storage and detention.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers.
- You will support Customer Service / Key account management and Sales in incident and exception management.
- You will initiate and address all OI’s and CCM’s within the defined timelines.
- You will address all financial exception management reports within given deadlines, ie sick Files/ Role 3/ Unbilled / mishandling tracker etc.
- You will participate within the department with regards to industry or regulation changes.
- You will support Operations and Team Leader with the implementation of new/change of systems, directives and distribution of information to staff.
- You will be communicating with Top management from DHL origin and destination, suppliers, consignees, shippers, CSI, Sales for specific customers.
- You will understand origin and destination rules and regulation for African countries.
- You will update SOP for any new requirements for African Countries.
- You will align Ocean Cross Trade process with origin and destination office.
Now, here’s what we need from you;
- Must have a Matric
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in Ocean Freight
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.