Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Support engagement Manager and/or Partner/Director in delivery of services to clients on delegated engagement/project. In your role as a Manager in the Business Tax Team, you may:
- Perform tax specialist accrual reviews as part of external audit/review engagements with a focus on current tax and deferred tax.
- Prepare and/or review income tax computations for inclusion in the annual financial statements of clients.
- Prepare and/or review income tax return submissions, including related return submissions (e.g. provisional tax return/responses to South African Revenue Service (SARS) verification letters/etc submissions) and supporting documentation.
- Assist clients with responses to SARS tax queries as may be required from time to time.
- Liaise with SARS as may be required on various client tax matters.
- Assist with providing tax support to local taxpayers and multinationals in a variety of jurisdictions. The tax support may include providing tax opinions, tax compliance support, managing multi-jurisdictional projects, and advising clients on local and international tax developments that may affect their businesses
- Assist with the development of a sales pipeline, the drafting of engagement proposals, the performance of risk management procedures and the financial management of the assignments
- Work closely with a highly skilled and motivated national team under the close guidance of more senior staff members.
- Assist with providing internal technical tax training on a rotational basis.
- Assist with providing input into the tax implications of a variety of transactions, both local and cross-border, including typical merger and acquisition transactions such as group reorganisations, unbundling transactions, BEE transactions and tax efficient acquisitions and disposals of shares or businesses
- Assist with providing local and cross-border tax due diligence reviews and tax structuring and advisory engagements, working regularly with other Deloitte firms on cross-border engagements
- Support engagement Manager in delivery of services to clients on delegated engagement / project.
Core Professional Technical Capabilities:
- Strategic Impact – Supports the implementation of strategy of the Service Line / Business Area in relation to specific area of expertise
- Budgets / Profitability – Manages margins effectively through accurate budgeting, pricing and profitability management on engagements
- Tax Laws and Rules – Leads client projects and solves complex technical/business issues through innovative approaches while providing direction to others
- Delivery Excellence – Takes ultimate responsibility to meet project objectives within established budget and timeline, optimizing project profitability
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving – Facilitates innovative solutions to client problems and drives changes to processes or ways of working based on new trends/recent developments
- Technology Tools and Solutions – Demonstrates advanced knowledge of service line or market specific technology solutions
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- CA (SA) or B Com (LLB)
- 5 – 6 years’ working experience
- Postgraduate qualification in Taxation (Masters in Taxation)
- 3 years working experience in a related role
- 3 years’ experience in a client facing role