Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barri…
Read more about this company
Summary of Role:
Pathfinder International is seeking a Global Compliance Manager to support the Global Compliance Unit in activities that involve ensuring that the organization stays updated and compliant with applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards. Key responsibilities include assistance in developing and implementing compliance programs, monitoring, and enforcing compliance, staying updated on relevant laws and regulations, fostering a culture of compliance, and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization. The Compliance Manager will be required to help in investigations of compliance violations, and reporting, while possessing strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills. Should support key compliance and risk management assurance activities within Pathfinder’s global function.
Global Compliance Program Implementation:
- Works closely with the Global Internal Audit & Compliance function in the implementation of the Pathfinder compliance program, including policy review, assistance with compliance training, deployment of compliance communications and reporting, and integration of compliance into other Pathfinder processes.
- Assist Country Local Compliance Officers with the planning, implementation and reporting of the compliance program activities.
- Supports in the development, rollout, and training of new or updated policies. Keep abreast of changes in laws, regulations, and international standards.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
- Supports Global Compliance function, and other stakeholders on risk identification and in the maintenance of the Global risk dashboard.
Process and Tools Continuous Improvement:
- Assists with the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures in a continuous effort to improve and harmonize country office financial reporting and compliance.
Compliance Program Execution:
- Facilitates identification of issues and resolutions to mitigate risks.
- Compliance training: Develop and deliver compliance-related training to Pathfinder International personnel at all levels.
- Compliance Issues: Ensures Country Offices are aware of appropriate channels for reporting compliance issues and coordinates with the Compliance Team to ensure appropriate tracking and monitoring of compliance issues.
- Compliance Assurance. Supports key compliance assurance including deployment of effective and efficient mechanisms to prevent, detect, identify, and correct noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations, donor requirements, and Pathfinder policies and standards. Understanding of internal control frameworks and professional internal investigation practices.
- Internal Investigation Initiatives: As appropriate, supports in the internal investigations with relevant subject matter experts in other business units.
- Reporting: Prepare regular reports on compliance activities and present them to the Global Sr Director Internal Audit & Compliance.
Participation and Support:
- Project Management and Participation: Participates in cross-functional global team meetings when required, within the Compliance unit.
- CO support: Follow up on identified observations within Internal/External audits and provide training/Guidance to implement corrective actions to close observations.
- Training: Provide training to CO staff based on weakness points identified during Internal Audit
- Coaching: Enhance CO Compliance Officers capacity through on going coaching and provide training as needed.
- Support for the Safeguarding Team: Provide support in investigation and training to the Safeguarding Unit.
Required Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Compliance, Finance, Audit, or related disciplines
- Related professional certifications are an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles and COSO internal control framework
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, legal, finance, audit or program management, including experience developing compliance programs.
- At least 5 years international non-profit experience, including experience with grants and contracts funded by USAID, Global Fund, and other donors.
- Prefer: 5 years’ experience as an INGO Compliance Manager or Internal Auditor
- Experience in safeguarding training and/or investigation is considered an advantage.
Preferred Competence and Work Experience:
- Compliance Program Development: Sound knowledge of the elements of an effective compliance prograM.
- Compliance Regulations and Requirements: Sound knowledge of the laws, regulations, and policies applicable to international NGOs working under grants and contracts funded by US and other donors.
- Policies and Procedures: Sound knowledge of best practices in the development of business policies and procedures, including knowledge of methodologies for developing a RACI.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Foundational skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including timely implementation, and reporting of compliance program – policies, processes, procedures, and activities.
- Training and Development: Ability to develop and deliver training to small and large groups.