Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Radiographer is responsible for:
- Providing a high standard of radiographic chest x-ray imaging, including the use of artificial intelligence (AI) for reading images whilst ensuring that patients receive high-quality care and linkage to appropriate services.
- Liaising with relevant district/sub-district management teams and facilities for planning and allocation purposes.
- Communicating effectively with facility-based outreach teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality service.
Technical Work Responsibilities
- Ensure clients sign the consent forms before X-ray exposure.
- Ensure that the Ionizing Radiation (for Medical Exposure) Regulations are adhered to.
- Record accurate patient information relating to dose and use of consumables.
- Keep accurate patient records including recording radiation dose and exposure factors.
- Provides support and reassurance to patients who may be unwell or have barriers to understanding.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the equipment used to be aware of malfunctions and errors and to report them.
- Participate in the district/sub-district and facility development of operational plans for the deployment of the mobile DCXR.
- Maintain effective working relationships with outreach teams and facility staff.
- Liaise with the Radiologist/Medical officer for diagnostic and technical advice and support.
- Support referral and linkage to care for incidental CXR findings not requiring presumptive TB testing.
- Work with the team to ensure that all data is collected and verified to ensure data quality.
- Set up and prepare for daily activities.
- Supervise the teams to ensure day to day direct service delivery. Read and interpret Documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Write routine Reports and Correspondence.
- Speak effectively before Groups/Stakeholders of the Company
- Define problems, collect Data, establishes facts and draw valid conclusions
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- National Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Diagnostic Radiography
- HPCSA registration as a Radiographer
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Radiographer
- Six (6) months experience in a Supervisory position
- Private practice number will be an added advantage.
- Own car
- Valid driver’s licence
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land or air if required
- Knowledge of relevant Legislation
- SA Citizen or valid work permit to work in South Africa
- Willing to work overtime.
Knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and district/sub-district management team.
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy, and empathetic personality
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Mentorship and capacity building skills
- Innovative thinking, initiative, and leadership qualities
- Intermediate Computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics etc.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills