Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Are you a customer-oriented person who is passionate about employee experience and have high energy and strive for achieving the best in what you do to efficiently manage resolutions? Then this role is for you!
Maersk is looking to hire a Customer Experience Agent to join our team in Cape Town or Durban.
The role of the Customer Service Agent is to own and manage the customer experience. This includes proactively monitoring and managing the end-to-end shipment cycle in compliance with company procedures, ensuring that the cargo is transported as per the transport plan promised to the customer or keeping customers informed of relevant deviations.
- An exciting role which is part of a dynamic and international organization with the opportunity to continuously apply and develop your competencies.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and are continuously searching for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for our people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- Manage customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions
- effective handling of escalated situations and complaints across several communication channels
- Work with our extended Customer Experience team and ensure the smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle and high-quality service levels for our customer.
- Deliver proactive customer service – track shipments and notify customers of relevant deviations from the schedule, including potential solutions or alternatives
- Constantly seek ways to improve our service and customer experience
- Act as a primary contact for customers, you will actively build strong relationships and gain an understanding of their business, service needs and drivers
- Use your relationship building skills and fantastic customer service to increase revenue, by growing our customers’ business and promoting added value services
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 2 years of Experience in CX and logistics.
- Good Knowledge of MS Package.
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain.
- English Fluency is a must.
- RFLT ( Retail, FMCG, Lifestyle and Tech) experience or knowledge is an Advantage.
- Strong customer service background, with proven success in a similar role.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- A flair for learning quickly when facing new problems, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and is comfortable with managing multiple systems
- Motivation for achieving results, and accustomed to high performance KPIs
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communicator (on the phone, face to face, and written) who relates well to all kinds of people
- Ability to build rapport and use diplomacy and tact to defuse high tension situations comfortably
- Not rigid in approach; comfortable in a changing environment, flexible and open to new ways of working
- High sense of responsibility; committed to continual personal development.
- Accurate and timely reporting.