Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Bridgestone South Africa. Bridgestone SA is a unit of the world’s No.1 tyre manufacturer. Today, Bridgestone develops, manufactures, and markets tyres for passenger, light truck, truck, bus, earthmoving, agricultural, motorcycle and aircraft applications.
Read more about this company
The Company may add to or vary these duties from time to time provided the variation is reasonable having regard to the Employee’s skills competence and training:
- Comply with client policies procedures and instructions.
- Accurately record tyre change or other information and file or forward the information as required
- Perform equipment checks and calibrations according to procedures
- Fit and remove wheels from any type of vehicle according to procedures
- Mount and strip any type of tyre and rim assembly according to procedures
- Perform repairs to tyres and tubes according to procedures
- Operate forklifts and tyre handlers according to procedures.
- Clean paint and crack test rim components
- Perform Inspections and determine the suitability of wheel components to remain in service
- Maintain tyre operating pressures in accordance with site specifications
- Maintain a high quality of service to the client
- Present himself in a condition fit to perform his duties
- Complete any other duties allocated.
- Comply with site “lock out” / “tag out” procedures
- Report hazards unsafe work conditions and equipment
- Immediately report incidents and injuries to the supervisor
- Comply with applicable instructions as per on-site Safety Plan
- Use and maintain Personal Protective Equipment according to procedures
- Perform vehicle Pre-start checks according to procedures.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment according to procedures
- Contribute to meetings and inspections in order to improve safety in the workplace
- Perform Risk Assessments and take control actions to reduce the risk of Injury or damage to equipment
- Perform Planned Task Observations and report deviations. Ensure corrective actions are performed
Indication of Achievement;
- Ensures all work procedures are carried out in accordance with safety standards and safety practices
- Demonstrate an awareness of customer care
- Demonstrate knowledge of use and care of PPE
- Achieve all fundamental unit standards
- Achieve all core unit standards
- Achieve elected elective unit standards which include the following: This will be based on what section you will work in’
- Compulsory elective
- ID 12213: Select and use automobile lifting equipment Level 2 3 credits.
- ID 9868: Demonstrate knowledge of and rectify faults in motor vehicle tyres and wheels Level 3 7 credits.
- ID 9867: Remove and replace wheels and tyres and balance wheels Level 2 2 credits.
- ID 9869: Repair punctures and fit tyres to wheels Level 3 9 credits.
- Additional electives o ID 9864: Repair and replace light and heavy commercial vehicle tyres Level 3 17 credits. o ID 9865: Remove and replace wheels and tyres from industrial machines and equipment Level 3 10 credits.
- ID 256176: Remove and replace off-the-road (OTR) wheels and tyres Level 2 8 credits.
- Complete additional in-house training as required
- Complete additional external training as required
- Complete compulsory and additional site specific training.
Qualifications and Experience
- A valid and appropriate light vehicle driver’s licence (South African Code 08).
- Grade 12 National Certificate
- A valid and appropriate heavy vehicle drivers licence (South African Code 10).
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.