Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Job Advert Summary
Purpose of the Job:
A professional service agent role, reporting to the Team Manager: PPS Operations. Accountable for providing a professional service to PPS members and associated parties via an inbound contact centre model. This role works strictly on a shift work basis including nightshift work.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- A 3-year tertiary qualification (Degree/BTech/National Diploma) with relevant business orientation
Experience and Knowledge:
- 2 years of experience in an administrative and business coordinating role
- Intermediate knowledge of the Life Assurance or Financial Services industry
- Effective use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects)
- Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Skills:
- Able to excel in a pressurised environment and be a quick thinker that applies logic in decision-making
- Excellent conflict resolution skills to deal with both irate and complimentary members/intermediaries
- Customer-centric, displaying a positive and professional image of PPS by building and maintaining relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; a good command of the English Language
- A reliable and trustworthy team player
- Good decision-making skills
- Be proactive and can solve problems
- The ability to present product and process information to members/staff on a proactive basis, demonstrating a high level of understanding of the business
- Take ownership of service level standards and ensure they are reached consistently
- Have good telephone etiquette
- Display a strategic level of thinking ability
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing professional service to PPS members and associated parties on the phone in a contact centre.
- To work across all areas in Servicing and Administration with the ability to process in all facets of the department and resolve queries from start to end.
- To be up-skilled and take ownership of their responsibilities within their probation period of 3 months.
- To make decisions within their mandate and execute a higher quality of service combined with increased quantity as per the performance contract.
- To excel in a pressurised environment and be a quick thinker that applies logic in decision making.
- Execute policies and procedures related to service delivery in Operations and between other areas.
- Identify process and procedure improvements and make recommendations to streamline and simplify processes.
- Escalate systems failures to the appropriate support team in order for the team to stay productive.
- Agree duties with team members in order to achieve operational targets including prioritisation and work schedules.