Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
As a Human Resource Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting our Human Resources Department and its Business Partners. Your main administrative duties include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents, and updating internal databases. To be successful in this role, you should have solid organizational skills and be familiar with HR functions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or relevant in HR (Preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant HR administration experience
- Good understanding of labour laws and practices
- The ability to keep sensitive information confidential
SKILL REQUIREMENTS/PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience as an HR Administrator or relevant role
- Thorough knowledge of Labour Relations and laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) – Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Deadline driven
- Proactive and a team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a dynamic, pressurized environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong negotiating skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft new employee contracts (temporary & permanent) and keep track of all temporary contracts issued by updating the fixed-term tracker and setting calendar reminders.
- Save electronic files, submit onboarding pack to payroll, and set up probation reviews timeously for HRBPs.
- Create a file (electronic and physical) for each employee once the employee has been onboarded successfully and file accordingly.
- Assist with compiling HR documentation such as AODs, confirmation of employment, transfer letters, etc.
- Keep the HR Filing room tidy and ensure that all documentation is filed on a weekly basis.
- Load new employees (salaried) on EMS (Employee Management System).
- Assist HRBP’s with advertising, shortlisting, qualifying, and setting up interviews.
- Compilation of job profiles for the business unit (proofreading and amending KPA’s and KPI’s as required).
- Assist the HRBPs with the coding of KPA’s and KPI’s, including recoding of job title codes as required.
- Importing data into the system and assisting the HRBP’S with the bi-annual performance reviews.
- Keep track of employee probationary periods, and conduct reviews.
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Take meeting minutes and assist HRBPs with the disciplinary hearing process.
- Assist HRBP’s with CCMA administration/packs.
- Drafting of warnings/IR-related documentation and submission to relevant HRBP for review.