Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Fresenius Kabi is a global healthcare company more than 40,500 employees worldwide.
We are dedicated to a higher purpose “caring for life” which drives excellence in everything we do.
The manufacturing plant in Port Elizabeth produces both small and large volume parenterals.
The main purpose of the Maintenance Planner / Controller is to plan, schedule, co-ordinate and control the activities of the level one maintenance teams in the Production or Utilities department. Select, train and develop members of the maintenance team and provide specialist technical advice to the plant to ensure maximum equipment availability.
Optimise & maintain plant
- Manage the planning and execution of maintenance activities; mechanical, electrical, and basic automation
- Agree & implement daily plans with customers (production / process)
- Manage job observations and plan follow on work
- Lead the team in problem solving and preventative maintenance programme development
- Facilitate identification and acquisition of required critical spares & equipment documentation
Manage compliance to Quality Management Systems
- Drive QMS process compliance in team
- Ensure adherence to all initiatives aimed at minimising impact of technical interventions on product quality
- Responsible to conduct investigations and root cause analysis through Kabitrack
Manage CMMS data integrity and promote optimal usage
- Ensure equipment reliability business processes are adhered to
- Generate reports out of the system
- Manage matters emanating from system reports
- Develop teams and team members
- Set, update and monitor achievement of individual goals/KPI’s
- Coach and train/arrange training of team members
- Develop competencies of team members
- Conduct career discussions with team members
Budget and Cost Control
- Control and optimise the cost within the department
- Set quality and performance KPI’s for the department and monitor the departmental performance on a defined frequency
- Continuously improve processes to introduce World Class Manufacturing practices within the business
- Identify opportunities for productivity and efficiency improvements
- Manage budget and expenditure
- Participation in budget development, monitoring, and control for area of responsibility
- Adhering to procedures for stock and non-stock acquisitions
Human Resources Management
- Manage all personnel in the department including disciplinary procedures
- Ensure that all personnel in the department is developed and trained as required by the various job functions
- Recruitment of staff
- Staff development regarding identifying needs and opportunities
- Performance Management evaluation
- Review salaries and promotions if applicable
- Implementation of equity plan as set out in the Employment Equity Policy
- From time to time carry out other jobs within the department / factory, which are consistent with the grade, qualification, and training of the incumbent
- Minimum N6 with trade or S4/N.Dip in Engineering or N.Dip in other relevant qualification.
- Minimum 5-10 years practical experience in the Engineering maintenance field.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.