12 Ways to Disconnect iPhone from Mac
iOS and macOS are tightly integrated to work in sync with each other. Hence, you can seamlessly switch from iPhone to Mac or vice-versa to carry out your tasks like note-taking, file management, messaging, and more without any hassle. Both from a productivity and convenience perspective, this seamless experience is awesome. But what if you have decided to cut down this deep integration whether for privacy or any personal reasons? Worry not, there are several ways to disconnect iPhone from Mac to ensure your secrets never spiral from one device to another. So, here are 12 ways to disconnect iPhone from Mac.
Disconnect Your iPhone and Mac: 12 Different Ways (2022)
Apart from offering a one-click disconnecting option, Apple provides several ways to block your Mac from connecting or syncing with your iPhone. Thus, you have got the flexibility to choose the option that can meet your needs better. Do note that while iPhone is our focus, most of these tricks apply to iPad as well.
1. Remove Your Mac from Apple ID
If you are on the lookout for a one-stop solution to disconnect your iPhone from your Mac, remove your Mac from your Apple ID. So long as both the devices are paired with the same Apple ID, they will remain in sync.
Remove Your Mac from Apple ID
- On your iPhone or iPad, head over to the Settings app -> your profile.
- Now, tap your Mac. Now, tap Remove from Account and confirm.
Remove Your iPhone from Apple ID
On your Mac, navigate to System Preferences app -> Apple ID.
- Now, select your iPhone in the sidebar and hit Remove from Account.
2. Unpair Your Mac/iPhone Via Bluetooth
Bluetooth plays a key role in helping Continuity work seamlessly between your devices like iPhone and Mac. Therefore, turning off Bluetooth can let you instantly prevent your devices from being synced with each other and disconnect your iPhone from Mac.
Turn Off Bluetooth on Your iPhone/iPad
- On your iPhone, navigate to the Settings app -> Bluetooth and then turn off the toggle. If your Mac appears under the My Devices section, tap the info “i” button next to it and hit Forget This Device.
Turn Off Bluetooth on Mac
- Click on the Bluetooth menu at the upper-right corner of the screen and then turn off the toggle for Bluetooth.
Note: Disabling Bluetooth will also prevent your AirPods, Bluetooth accessories, and your Apple Watch from connecting and syncing with your iPhone.
3. Disable Handoff
With Handoff, you can start something on one Apple device and pick it up on other devices linked with the same iCloud account. If you no longer want to hand off from your iPhone to Mac or vice-versa, make sure to disable it.
Turn Off Handoff on iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select General.
- Now, tap AirPlay & Handoff. Then, turn off the toggle for Handoff.
Turn Off Handoff on Mac
- Click the Apple menu at the upper-right corner of the screen…
Read Full Story At: Beebom.