Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Dis-Chem Pharmacies require the services of a reputable Pharmacist for their Soweto store. Your portfolio will cover the provision of pharmaceutical care by taking responsibility for patients’ medicine-related needs, and being accountable for meeting these needs.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- BPharm / equivalent qualification
- Registered with the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC)
- Min 2- 3 years experience in Pharmaceutical
- 2-3 years retail pharmacy experience ( Student/Intern)
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Relevant retail/ FMCG experience
- Third additional language
- SAP experience
- E-scripting experience
- Registered tutor
- Unisolv experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of pharmaceutical care by taking responsibility for patients’ medicine-related needs, and being accountable for meeting those needs, which shall include, but not be limited to the following functions:
- Evaluation of a patient’s medicine-related needs by determining the indication, safety and effectiveness of the therapy
- Dispensing of any medicine or scheduled substance on the prescription of a person authorised to prescribe medicine
- Signing off and checking of all prescriptions prepared by an assistant or an intern and accepting accountability for the correctness thereof as per GPP 188.8.131.52.1.f
- Furnishing of information and advice to any person with regard to the use medicine
- Determining patient compliance with the therapy, and follow-up to ensure that the patient’s medicine-related needs are being met
- The provision of pharmacist-initiated therapy
- The compounding, manipulation, preparation or packaging of any medicine or scheduled substance, or the supervision thereof
- The manufacturing of any medicine or scheduled substance, or supervision thereof
- The purchasing, acquiring, importing, keeping, possessing, using, releasing, storage, packaging, re-packaging, supplying or selling of any medicine or scheduled substance, or supervision thereof
- The application for the registration of a medicine in accordance with the Medicines Act and Pharmacy Act
- The acts specially pertaining to the profession of a pharmacist as prescribed above;
- The formulation of any medicine for the purposes of registration as a medicine;
- The distribution of any medicine or scheduled substance;
- The re-packaging of medicines;
- The initiation and conducting of pharmaceutical research and development; and
- The promotion of public health.
- Accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Capture script details accurately and verify patient’s details on the system.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Provide accurate instructions to the patients regarding the correct use of medicine supplied.
- Keep abreast of changes in medical aid procedures and requirements for claims and dispensing.
- Advise and assist patients at the dispensary, self-medication counter and front-shop.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Explain all medical aid costs to patients.
- Follow through on promises made to customers.
- Evaluation of disease conditions and referral to in-store health facilities when necessary.
- Process all paperwork necessary for the accurate submission of claims to medical aids.
- Correct errors on scripts rejected by medical aid.
- Ensure authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Maintain customer profiles on the system.
- Merge profiles locally and Vexall should be notified to merge profiles centrally.
- Take note of any messages on the customer profile and take suitable action.
- Assist the Dispensary Manager to ensure that all administration functions are carried out correctly and timeously.
- Report on low – / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Facilitate Bi-annual stock takes.
- Exercise stock, cash and asset control.
- Assist the Dispensary Manager to ensure that all stock control processes and are adhered to and that all registers are kept up to date in accordance with legislation.
- Housekeeping must be in accordance to Dis-Chem standards.
- Adhere to Dis-Chem Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adhere to Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Adhere to Dis-Chem Uniform and personal appearance policy
- Strong command of the English language and a second language– Read, write and speak
- Good communication skills, listening
- Basic dosing and important drug interaction
- Customer service/focus
- Supervisor experience, and able to lead by example
- Ability to train other staff members
- Conflict management
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound numerical skills
- Team player
- Trustworthy and honest
- Time management
- Able to deal with pressure
- Computer literate – MS Office